Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVKrK...feature=fvsre3

This is really fascinating, the speed is incredible. Any more magic show videoes?

bun

I like it ! Not sure how he does it ?

That is the attraction of magic, an illusion. I dont know either. I do not see h is hand up to the face, I am only guessing, that the mask probably goes with the clothing, one piece.
I have seen this in circus and was fascinated by it, and now even on youtube, still cannot catch him to see how he does it. Fascinating!

bun

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Wow, very interesting derivative of the chinese face changing trick (bian lian... which is considered national secret). You can actually see where the clothing layers get peeled off in that video... but a well done performance nevertheless
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

By the 1920s, opera masters began using layers of masks made of oiled paper or dried pig bladder. Skilled performers could peel off one mask after another in less than a second. Modern-day masters use full-face painted silk masks, which can be worn in layers of as many as twenty-four, and be pulled off one by one.

Recently, Hong Kong pop star Andy Lau learned this secret art from skilled masters by paying them about 3,000,000 yuan[citation needed] (360,000), much to the chagrin of other old experts. Andy Lau only learned how to do the trick, but has not yet mastered it.

So....I guess you all saying it is pulled off, since I do NOT see the hand up, I still taking a guess, the mask and clothing are together, that, pulled off one will lead to the other? Still, the performance is good!

bun

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Nothing in a magic show happens by chance..
Every gears worn, held, used, are there by design...

The umbrellas always turn when there's a color change... they're not just held to obstruct the view... they 'turn'.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Uh, I see, so the "skin" and mask are shrinked and hide behind the umbella. I am just very curious. I love this kind of act, with many years of practice, make up a spectacular show.

bun

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
A very interesting card show this time at TED. Goes on for 30 minutes, and is seriously entertaining.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That is really unbelievable Video . i like it.