Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Has anybody make use of it? I was playing with my AAO ZG5, I kind of curious, took out the battery, here it is, an icon of sim card hidden under the battery compartment, the opening is currently sealed off with a sticky tape. I wonder anybody has an AAO ZG5 and found out more about this sim card slot.

bun

i dont have an aao zg5, but take in account that they use the same case for several notebooks models, so maybe you have the hole but is nothing in there

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
if you find a sim push socket behind the hole yo can expect to find some antennas wires near the minicard ( pci_e) sockets so you can plug a 3g module in your laptop

Usually if they come taped over, you cant use them.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Well, time to tell my story.

AAO was dead 6 months ago, less than 18 months since ownership. Turned on power button, nothing happened, no POST, no sound, only 2 lights up in the front, i.e., HD and fans no spin. Cursed acer for awhile, and did the usual thing most people did, put it aside and forgot about it.

2 months back, still upset about the loss, go google, digged out youtube about how to take the whole thing apart.....and did it, still, no cigar, the AAO is dead. Yes, I took it apart, down to motherboard, not knowing there could be something called sim slot at that time. Anyhow, put it back and still wont work, cursed more on Acer and left it aside.

2 days ago, I googled about the problem, shocked to find out, it is very common about the dead AAO, repair BIOS will get it back. Sure, I followed this thing, http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/app/...lkL1lpelBsajNr, and OMG, it did spring back to life, after BLINDLY flash a BIOS (sweating), with everything intact and time stamped 6 months ago, as if it was frozen in time. And that is the time I noticed this funny sim card slot. Too bad, I already put the whole netbook back, and is NOT very interest to take it apart again (to disassembly AAO is quite a task, not simple) so, I guess I am going to take the advice, if it is taped over, probably nothing is there. I am still amazed to have found something new that I owned more or less for 2 years. I think it is funny. Just want to share with you all,

bun