Notices

@arbitrabbit

Try installing shortcutd, it allows you to use the proximity sensor or the camera button as a key and you can assign the task manager to one of them. For example, I have mine set on short press on the camera (don't worry, they won't work while the camera app is open). So I can press the camera button to go to the task manager.

Volume can be changed in settings, it's seperate from the system volume so it can get quite loud if you have them both cranked up..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I can help you on #1.

Open Keyboard and hit Ctrl- Backspace

or

Install CamkeyD

Then you can touch the Cam button like you were focusing and it will minimize.

Originally Posted by arbitrabbit View Post
Couple of questions from me[*]And finally, after the PR 1.2 update, both Ovi Maps and Maep get a GPS lock almost instantly, even indoors, but Sygic Maps still takes a long time to get a lock. Is there anyway to fix that in version 9? Is it being fixed in v10?
It might not work for everyone, but I changed the Location server settings to supl.google.com in the Location Settings of the phone. It seems to pick up the GPS signal quicker for me.

i just wanted to say thanks to everhybody on this thread for their usefull comments. i havent really done much to my sygic but i have changed the font and a few icons and full-screned it. but i was wondering about a few things:
1) is it possible to import/integrate poi's into contacts?
this point is a bit to ask for but for example i want to order from burger king, and dont have the number at hand or in my contacts, but the number is on sygics poi of burger king. instead of opening sygic ,waiting for a gps lock (which takes a few minutes for me) then searching for the closest burger king, then calling it from the poi menu, wouldnt it make the n900 experience soo much more streamlined if the the proccess was switched around a bit?
what im thinking is; integrating the mapping apps with the contacts. specifically sygic because its got the phone numbers. we could start by typing on the homescreen (like when searching for a contact) for a point of interest. (e.g burger king) (lol there are many burger kings here). all of the burger kings will be merged under one contact "burger king", there could be options starting from the top "call nearest (contact name)" then "navigate to (contact name)" (the latter will bring up an option whether to use ovi maps or sygic(if installed)). using this legendary 2 second lock ( which i personally havent had the pleasure to experience) the phone will create a query for the nearest burger king and call it. i dont want to blabber on too long, im sure you guys have got the jist of what im trying to say.
2) this is short, how do i add a number to a custom POI that ive made?
thanks for any feedback in advance
shah

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Antipodes
Great thread! How the hell do I delete a favourite location? I have tried everything!

F**K. I just tried to change the map size using the mod and now it crashes every time I load. I need this thing to work NOW. HELP

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
always have a back up of the original file.

you may need to re-dl the file if you do not have it.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by wasserkuhl View Post
Great thread! How the hell do I delete a favourite location? I have tried everything!
Took me for ever to figure out as well:
  1. Click on Manage POI
  2. Then Delete POI
  3. Then Favorites
  4. Finally the favorite you want to delete

Good luck!

Sorry to wake this thread up again. I have an issue while using Sygic and playing audio at the same time where the phone becomes totally unresponsive and the only way to fix that is to take the battery out and and restart the phone. I know Kamikaze reported a similar problem but I haven't seen any solution to that, so was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.

Steps to reproduce problem are:
  1. Connect N900 to the car charger
  2. Turn on Media Player or Vagalume (tried with both local and streaming audio) and start playing something there
  3. Turn on FM transmitter and FM Boost
  4. Turn on Sygic
  5. Creat a route to any destination
  6. Start driving the car. Audio keeps playing and Sygic gives directions for may be a minute or so
  7. After that everything simply freezes. It is reproducible every time.
  8. The problem doesn't occur if only sygic is on with FM transmitter or if only media player is on with FM transmitter.

So has anyone encountered the same issue? If so, is there a solution to the problem?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
There is a Sygic Voice Packager, which can be used to record own voices.
Hey where can I find this so called "sygic voice packager"?