Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Nokia 920: 185g
Nokia 820: 160g.

Are those the supposed to be mass market devices? Most people I know would not buy a 160g+ device.

On the plus side I guess the 920 looks pretty sleek.

PureView is fake. Although consumers don't know that of course.

Overall not bad, but not bestseller material (a la s2). Won't save Nokia.
Sure. People get the phone in the hand and can feel it over the magic 160g barrier LOL

The 920 is awsome, just not my cup of coffee. From the general news though, people seem to like it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What is the display like? I hope its not abominable N9 too saturated and more like N900 or iphone like display. Anyone know?

Bought 420 Nokia stocks the other day at 2.4€ a piece, thinking they can only go up. Right now, my investment is worth 200€ less. Hah. Anyway, I'm confident, in the long run, I will make killer profits 8). In fact, I'm thinking I should buy 420 more stocks if they go below 1.5€. From what I gather, the current downfall is not due to bad reception of the new phones, but the fact that they didn't set a release date. I'm hoping very hard that the rumors are true, and that they'll be available at the end of October. Also hoping that the rumors about iPhone 5 turn out to be true, and that it's just a lame incremental update with no new features to speak of..

Last edited by shinogami; 2012-09-06 at 15:48.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Oh, I knew of the van in the reflection. My point though still stands.

This is not simulated even. This is faked. That's pretty damn bad for a company that needs to build a better reputation than this with the new line of phones.

This is up there with the Killzone 2 faked trailer that was running off of something way more powerful and different than the Playstation 3.

Faked is faked.
Just pointing out that I have to wonder if that's part of the reason why the stocks are flopping--maybe people were already reacting to the news as it made waves across the Internet and more and more people saw that they were faking everything--in addition to the fact that the 920 specs are relatively humdrum at this point. They're late to the game and it's showing.

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
Bought 420 Nokia stocks the other day at 2.4€ a piece, thinking they can only go up. Right now, my investment is worth 200€ less. Hah. Anyway, I'm confident, in the long run, I will make killer profits 8). In fact, I'm thinking I should buy 420 more stocks if they go below 1.5€. From what I gather, the current downfall is not due to bad reception of the new phones, but the fact that they didn't set a release date. I'm hoping very hard that the rumors are true, and that they'll be available at the end of October. Also hoping that the rumors about iPhone 5 turn out to be true, and that it's just a lame incremental update with no new features to speak of..
I can't be the only one that noticed he kept repeating 420 over and over. Trying to tell us something between the lines, are you?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great devices no doubt!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great devices no doubt!
Hahah... Doubt.

Also... a little more detail (and some explanations) on the faked.. well, pretty much faked EVERYTHING (stills, videos, commercial, etc.):
http://www.zdnet.com/nokia-admits-to...ad-7000003842/

The aperture on the 920 isn't even capable of producing some of the shots they claim were made with the device. That's pretty damning.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
danramos. whats wrong with them?

I love to have options.

EDIT: Danramos, do you ever explain what you mean or you just negative trolling all the time without reason?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-06 at 16:50.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I can't be the only one that noticed he kept repeating 420 over and over. Trying to tell us something between the lines, are you?
At least, I didn't inhale

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Hahah... Doubt.

Also... a little more detail (and some explanations) on the faked.. well, pretty much faked EVERYTHING (stills, videos, commercial, etc.):
http://www.zdnet.com/nokia-admits-to...ad-7000003842/

The aperture on the 920 isn't even capable of producing some of the shots they claim were made with the device. That's pretty damning.
There's absolute no proof that they faked the stills. In fact, they even specifically state that they were taken with the Lumia 920. Hands on experimenting goes to show that the camera is quite amazing in low light conditions. Or did they fake that too somehow, just because we all dislike Elop so much?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Arendal, Norway
I wonder what the board is thinking about the stock development on the day of the big launch?

Do they really not understand that the market was expecting a Pure-Pureview WP8 device, not todays "Lumia900S"?

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha