Originally Posted by Addison View Post
It just would be nice to super blast Vagalume and Pyradio after agreeing to some type of warning that I could very likely shatter my tablet by cranking the volume much too excessively.
The majority of pyRadio's backend code came from MediaBox. The standard backends MAFW (N900) and OSSO (N8x0) are closed source IIRC. The developer of MediaBox was able to reverse engineer some commands to control those. I am very limited in what I can do with the audio backend on any device.

Originally pyRadio used gstreamer, but when using gstreamer some audio tricks didn't work such as listening to the radio when the phone is in 'silent' mode or using the standard volume controls to raise/lower the volume.

For my N810 (I found it and booted it up just for you ) there is a speaker icon on the top right by the Battery, Wireless, and Bluetooth icons. Clicking that and turning it up/down turns pyRadio up and down as well. It also doesn't change in between songs.

Now, I've never owned an N800 but AFAIK the Operating Systems on the N810 and N800 are identical.. the major difference is the keyboard on the N810.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I emailed Alberto, author of Vagalume (last.fm player) and heard back from him immediately.

Hopefully he can find a way to crank out the volume full tilt like Fatalsaint did with his Pyradio app.

One more question but I didn't want to start a whole new stupid thread on this.

The qgn_grid_tasknavigator_web graphic thingy on the desktop, you know, the one you click on to open MicroB...

Is there a way for it to open Tear instead?

Cheers.

Yes, you want Browser Switchboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
^ Excellent!

New question for the day!

I've been playing Police Quest VGA through SCUMM.

I would like to map the center D-Pad as a right mouse click when pressing this button along with tapping on the screen.
xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

If I'm not holding this button, it will be a left click like it is normally.
xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3"

Here's an example of Xbindkeys using the "release" argument but I'm not following this.
http://www.nongnu.org/xbindkeys/xbindkeysrc_d

Anyone willing to take a stab at what the config file for Xbindkeys would be to get the above effect?

Peace.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ wisconsin
Hello everyone. I'm glad to finally be in a place where I hope I can learn how to get my n810 loaded with a workable C compiler and end the search for a pocketable work environment. I'm a very happy with linux and have become something of a zealot over it. Because linux has given me the opportunity to learn how to write C code for whatever. I apologize in advance for possibley posting in the wrong place. I too wish to learn how to do things with linux and in turn as alot of you had done. I also would like to help people new to linux learn and understand. Which is of course the main reason for this and all other forums as well. As I stated earlier. I'm a happy owner of a n810. Its decent for text editing and sounds awesome with great tunes. And does good with encoded video. It has only one small problem that keeps it from being perfect for me. It needs without a doubt a workable C compiler. If any of the great minds here could bestow a how to do tutorial about it I would be very greatful and amped about being able to do that. And of course one answer I'm sure I'll see is to read through all the other threads and ransack the repositories. I'll summarize with a simple answer. Been there and tried that. And also through the understanding of the threads that I've read. My n810 maybe missing a few applets from busybox. I appreciate any and all help I can get.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Durham, NC
Hi gitsjunkie, and welcome.

I am probably not the best resource for your question, but a simple search on here turns up this.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Compiling_on_the_N810

Hopefully it will help, or someone else can point you in a better direction (possibly in a new thread).

The Following User Says Thank You to jmart For This Useful Post:
Wow that was a quick reply. Thanks for the advice. I had run across a thread very similar to this one. Though the packages are different. I will definetly try this tonight. And though I do hope it works. And if it does I will be giddy as a school girl getting her first phone. And will be posting irrefutable thanks for the assist. But when i tried a similar packages to those mentioned. My n810 cussed me out for trying to install incompatible packages and left me dejected. But still to reitirate my thanks for the great advice.

Hey jmart. I did take your advice and it was good. But, yes you new that was comming. My n810 yelled at me and said that the package was incompatible. Though I did try different means to install the package. I didn't try using the terminal because I'm not knowledgable enough to install packages that way. So I'm guessing that its missing certain packages to get to this point.

Update. Read through another thread and chose the terminal easy way out. Apparently it IS installed already. But I forgot to become root. So I did that and came to the just mentioned conclusion. And then the n810 said good night and fell asleep. And yes the battery life on it is poor. I get 3 hours max usage per charge. So in conclusion. I am slowly making progress and as always. I am very appreciative for Jmart assistance. And hope to pass said kindness to the next curious person.

Last edited by gitsjunkie; 2011-08-11 at 06:47.

Tags
nokia n800, volume