Poll: How will/would you vote in US 2008 Presidential election
Poll Options
How will/would you vote in US 2008 Presidential election

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am curious who you would vote for in the US presidential election. This is nonscientific and nobody can see who voted how. This is not meant to cause flame wars about politics. In general I am curious how the makeup of ITT users would vote. Obviously this will allow people all over the planet to vote, not just people in the USA.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Meh. Doesn't matter anyway.. personal votes don't matter in the main election.

Only the primaries and senate/governor elections. Presidential elections are done via Electoral College.. most states are either Red, or Blue, and will vote Red, or Blue regardless who you vote for.. and the swing states will vote whoever the politicians want.. not necessarily who the people want.

Hence why a president can win Popular vote.. and still not get into the WH .

We're not a true democracy.. we're a republic. And we've already done all we can do to put whoever is going to be in the white house.. in the white house, by electing those whose votes really count already. That won't change on Nov 08.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I will never support either of the two major parties until there is serious reform of the process.

I'm not holding my breath for that, so Other it is.

The real wasted vote is the one that perpetuates a corrupt status quo.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I am curious who you would vote for in the US presidential election. This is nonscientific and nobody can see who voted how. This is not meant to cause flame wars about politics.
Maybe it's not intended to, but you know what a can of worms you just opened...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
What a joke poll. Penguinbait seems to be in favor of the 2-party system as much as the Democrats and Republicans are.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Maybe it's not intended to, but you know what a can of worms you just opened...
Yes, isn't it exciting
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

To me (Dutch) both the Democrats and Republicans seem like fairly conservative parties with no fundamental differences in policy, only in retoric. I also find it hard to understand Americans accept the way corporations and lobbygroups fund campaigns and get favors in return. It would not be accepted in Holland.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-09-19 at 16:28.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
What a joke poll. Penguinbait seems to be in favor of the 2-party system as much as the Democrats and Republicans are.
Why do you think I am in favor of a two party system. Was I supposed to put up Nader and Ron Paul and Cynthia McKinney and any others? I have not even voted in my poll and you cant see who did or what they voted for.

I put other up there as an option, I did not specify because no matter who I included I would have left someone off.

I do not believe in a two party system. That cannot be changed however by voting for someone outside the two party system when there is not one third party candidate that will be on all the tickets in all the states.

And even if there was a third party candidate on all the tickets and they happen to win, you know the electoral college would pick one of people in the two party system.

Its a joke alright, but I am not the punchline?

So lets ALL try to refrain from name calling and finger pointing, this is exactly what the two party system expects us to do.

My only issue with the poll options is the "Why bother voting" specifies that it's because of some conspiracy theorists security flaw and "zomfg my vote is being changed" paranoia...

Not because it actually Doesn't Matter .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
My only issue with the poll options is the "Why bother voting" specifies that it's because of some conspiracy theorists security flaw and "zomfg my vote is being changed" paranoia...

Not because it actually Doesn't Matter .
Well I am a self proclaimed conspiracy theorist

That said, I do not trust Diebold voting machines.

The gaming system in the USA is more secure than the voting system. This is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen. I personally think voting for president should be the same in every state. It should be accountable and verifiable and most certainly re-countable.

I believe that the electoral colleges should be done away with and ONLY popular vote determines our future. Not hanging chads and supreme courts.

Am I paranoid, yes, and you should be too!!

Tags
mccain, obama, president, vote