Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
guys, I'm having a hard time trying to install xournal for easydebian.
I tried to install it from the lenny repos, but synaptic can't find poppler-utils. when I try the squeeze version, everything is found but I get this error on the post-install:

unable to create `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-xoj.desktop.dpkg-new' (while processing `./usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-xoj.desktop'): Input/output error

can anyone help with this? I really don't know what to do...
thanks
I have installed xournal from squeeze, though it's a while ago.

The error you are getting sounds like a more fundamental problem. Do you have enough space in your image left? See my personal wiki page (below) for suggestions regarding that.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I have installed xournal from squeeze, though it's a while ago.

The error you are getting sounds like a more fundamental problem. Do you have enough space in your image left? See my personal wiki page (below) for suggestions regarding that.
I don't think space is an issue, since I haven't installed anything else on top of plain easy debian...
Could my image be corrupted?

yeah, i think if you stick with lenny you have less reboots, but i also think once you've been tainted by by a bad squeeze package you seem tainted forever. i'm now able to download stuff from lenny that i couln't before. i'm also able to download packages that another poster said reboots their phone, namely gnumeric and rcalc. i might look into downloading the latest stable version of gconf2 to see if that makes a difference.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm pretty sure gconf2 needs to be left alone due to incompatibility with Maemo in recent versions. But if you get it working, tell us!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Washington, DC
Using nice on an apt-get install of gnumeric worked this time. I will rsync the image again and try inkscape.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrSteve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
Using nice on an apt-get install of gnumeric worked this time. I will rsync the image again and try inkscape.
I installed gnumeric with synaptic. No nice needed.
BTW has anyone ever negative niced a job?

I got problem to start Debian chroot. Everytime i click on debian chroot icon to start it it show an ez chroot error massage..

Name:  Screenshot-20110221-024822.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  17.1 KB

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
bkkick: You haven't "unzipped" your image yet. It is still compressed (note the .lzma extension). Re-run the installer.

Originally Posted by VicUser View Post
My apologies if this problem has been addressed before, but I conducted a search on this thread, and I read the wiki, and didnt see it.

I have the virtual keyboard running on my n800/Diablo. The keyboard is there, covering the bottom third of my screen. However, in Iceweasal, Epiphiny, or Open Office Writer, when I use the stylus to click on a letter, nothing happens. The cursor is blinking, the stylus is able to function as a mouse and even click on links within the browsers, but the keyboard isn't working.

Ideas?
So... no one has suggestions?

VicUser, you are in the wrong thread; you are using the Diablo version, and you should search through and ask in the appropriate thread.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze