Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
i've read the various comments posted here and the OP's frustration. I am also having similar issues whereas prior to PR1.2 I didn't. I am not running anything out of testing or dev repositories. i have virtually nothing on CPU load if at all when incoming calls exhibt this behaviour so it isn't that the device is busy either. as far as I can tell the phone application is playing up now since PR1.2 big time.

Heh, I got some stuff in there
THanks for the tips, the special character keys worked great.
Attached Files
File Type: txt installed.txt (12.0 KB, 170 views)

Yes it's sucking big time !!!!!!

I'm also finding this incredibly annoying.

Changing Phone to Landscape only does not work very well.

Whichever orientation I change to works for a day or two and then the blank screen / freezing issues recur.

I usually do not have anything running in the background and my N900 is exceptionally stable in other respects.

I had posted a [Request] for an enterprising coder to map Phone Answer to a hard key (camera key or other).

Maybe it's just not possible ?

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-07-20 at 07:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by CPRman View Post
Heh, I got some stuff in there
THanks for the tips, the special character keys worked great.
Got your file and I suspect recaller has something to do with it. Remove it clean and try again:

Code:
sudo apt-get autoremove recaller --purge
However I also see pluseaudio server. What do you use it for?

Last edited by 9000; 2010-07-20 at 11:06.

sudo apt-get autoremove recaller --purge
also did
sudo apt-get autoremove pulseaudio --purge

Didn't give me any errors on doing that, but also didn't give any type of response. Rebooting now to test.

same thing. when the call is made from another phone, my screen lights up but doesn't goto telephony for sevral seconds.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
I had posted a [Request] for an enterprising coder to map Phone Answer to a hard key (camera key or other).
The camera key doesn't work well: Seems that when the display goes off, either rtcom-call-ui is unresponsive or that the camera button is disabled.

Anyway, I attach my quick hack. Untar, "stop shortcutd" (if it's running) and run a.out. Since I don't keep a SIM in the N900, I have no inclination to work on this.
Attached Files
File Type: gz pimp2.tar.gz (6.0 KB, 73 views)

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United Kingdom
I have also been experiencing these issues but not straight after pr1.2

Also more n900 users have asked me about this since vodafone uk rolled out pr1.2

(i do not have a vfuk n900)

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by CPRman View Post
same thing. when the call is made from another phone, my screen lights up but doesn't goto telephony for sevral seconds.
Sorry I've to get the flight now. I'll re-investigate as soon as I get back.

Yea, this has only been in the last week it's been acting lik,e this, not sinse 1.2

Most of the time now I just notification I have a voicemail, I don'[t even get the "missed call". Could it really be getting worse?

Tags
mobile computer, not a phone