Hey everyone. Long time, no chat. ^_^;;

Anyhow, I've got a used 2.5" LCD screen that's in perfect working condition if someone wants it for a DIY project. It was salvaged from a broken down Kodak camera, and worked perfectly the last time I tested it. I was very careful not to damage it when I removed it from the camera. So if you want it, let me know. I'm happy to give it away free of charge to anyone who wants it. Just chip in $5 for shipping and it's yours to play with. First come, first serve.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
very nice of you! i have no need of it myself but thought i'd encourage the generosity! just out of curiosity what kind of connections would that have?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
It has a 4 pin (2 line) power connector (for the light) and a 42 pin (that's a guess since the points are too hard to count) cable coming out of it. Both are flat cables that snap directly into a circuit board. On the back is a white sticker with two rows of letters and numbers. They're so small they're hard to read as well, but here goes my best effort at reading them.

tx06d69tm0aea
s8an2444n0ca3

That's all I could read on there, and it's possible that the zeros were O's, too, so if that helps anyone, then I'm happy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Cool that you are giving it away, I hope someone will make a good use out of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to luke333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
That's the open spirit....

we should have a thread for give away stuff

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Unless you live on Brasil i don't think i have a way to send you money (but i probably wouldn't do anything usefull with it if i did managed to get my hands on the screen anyway)

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Tiboric: Well, yeah, a freebie thread would be very cool to have. One thing though, if it takes off in popularity, would be to eventually have a freebie forum where things are given away free, minus a small shipping cost (when applicable). If that were to happen, I'd probably be giving away a lot more cool stuff. I only salvaged this because it was in such good shape, and because I knew so many DIY'ers would (hopefully) snap at the chance to get their hands on a little screen like this, since brand new they tend to be pretty expensive independent of an already pre-fab device.

Hi I'm French and your ad interested me a lot! Impossible to find this piece alone on the internet. I have found that you quote "tx06d69tm0aea" ... Otherwise these are sites that Chinese, Japanese ... and leave my card's numero at the other end of the planet ... Not trust :/ And I saw your advertisement date January 2011 ... It is always good =>?? Thank you in advance. Clément