Active Topics

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by digitalvoid View Post
Also from The Netherlands and mic was working fine (recording and making telephone calls). It happened three times that when I received a call the caller didn't hear me. After a reboot the mic was working again, so I think these mic problems can be in some way software related.

It was the first time I did a manual reboot since last monday when I received the phone. (I did pre-order.)
And how did you do the reboot so i can try?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Probably a silly suggestion, Nuknuk, but you have tried a cold reboot? Given that someone above said rebooting helped, it might be worth a throw. (First time I'd seen that). Switch off, take the battery out and wait, then replace and restart. Very, very longshort, but worth trying everything before it goes back.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
And when i try to update i get a failed catalogue msg ,cat name is Nokia system software updates...........

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Probably a silly suggestion, Nuknuk, but you have tried a cold reboot? Given that someone above said rebooting helped, it might be worth a throw. (First time I'd seen that). Switch off, take the battery out and wait, then replace and restart. Very, very longshort, but worth trying everything before it goes back.
Yes tried this aswell might hook it up to the national grid to boost it up a bit,and very not happy with nokia notcare centre.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Reset is not working for me

Just wanted to say I received my phone last night and made my first call and was scared silly that the mic wouldn't work.

I'm happy to say that it did, but my heart goes out to all those who have waited so long and been through all the ups and downs with delays for the device not work propertly.

Lifes a biarch sometimes...hang in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to huntr77 For This Useful Post:
just had my phone, works no problems as a phone it work good for me as i think any phone works
its very fast and my screen works fast when i am using the menus and the net (it moves like the iphone, and not like a n97)

i think is the best from coming from my n97, that a load of crap if you load the facebook app on start up and the screen is no way a good a this phone

i think if anyone is having any problem they got a bad phone and need to get a new one, there are many iphones that go back because there are hardware problems

Last edited by j2001m; 2009-11-26 at 13:09.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
Yes tried this aswell might hook it up to the national grid to boost it up a bit,and very not happy with nokia notcare centre.
Take it back & get a new one. The mic is obviously defect.

Sigh*

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
Just wanted to say I received my phone last night and made my first call and was scared silly that the mic wouldn't work.

I'm happy to say that it did, but my heart goes out to all those who have waited so long and been through all the ups and downs with delays for the device not work propertly.

Lifes a biarch sometimes...hang in there.
Did you charge it before or just turn it straight on?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

charged then turned on

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio