Until we see some actual product announcements all this "I support Meego" press releases mean nothing.

I'm excited for MeeGo too... but that's a stretch.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I'm excited with seeing all the big names; but not in the same way I get excited with new announcement in mobile computing/smartphone market by the 'regular' players (google, apple, palm, htc, etc). Intel in smartphones? I don't positively associate that relationship (yet) in my brain...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I hope MeeGo can kill those iPhones. Damn Zombie iPhones are a menace to society!

slaapliedje

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I hope MeeGo can kill those iPhones. Damn Zombie iPhones are a menace to society!

slaapliedje
Well.. technically the iPhone is very much alive right now. So if MeeGo killed it.. it would then become zombie iPhones, and would then be the menace to society.....

Just saying....
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
why will iphone be dead by the release of meego?

i don't get it???

Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
why will iphone be dead by the release of meego?

i don't get it???
Lol, it won't! MeeGo has a long way to go before it can even challenge iPhone OS, not to mention kill it!

Last edited by byte_76; 2010-05-16 at 21:05.

The iphone isn't for me but the say meego will kill it is very short sighted. If meego gains a lot of support what we will see in a few years is what as been reported with andriod. That is, meego hardware sales will suppass the iphone's.

the title to this thread is so dumb, every device that is launched is a "iphone killer" come on its going to be hard to beat esepcially in the smartphone market. Andriod OS is doing well but still has a long way so do nokia even with meego.

I would buy a meego device just for openess and multitasking like n900 if it actually gets commerical apps aswel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by byte_76 View Post
Lol, it won't! MeeGo has a long way to go before it can even challenge iPhone OS, not to mention kill it!
How about the fact that not one of the 'new partners' was using OSx to begin with! Unfortunately Apply has carved out a loyal customer base all by itself, and no shifting of competitors could sway the opinions of those customers.