Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Why does the program just flash the LEDs instead of keeping them lit?

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Why does the program just flash the LEDs instead of keeping them lit?
Probably coz its just an initial app..

and an option to adjust the brightness of the leds would be good too

I'm curious about the underlying reason for it initially having been coded to jsut flash instead of keeping alight, technical or otherwise

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Maybe dumb question, but can the intensity be set as well, or is it just an on-off thing for each LED?

I think its just on/off, but you can do it really fast and control how long it stays off and how long it stays on on each cycle, so you can make it look like it is changing brightness (that is how it works with the status LED if i'm not mistaken)

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Brightness can indeed be controlled, my original plan was to have this as a VU meter, but I don't know how to write those.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Brightness can indeed be controlled, my original plan was to have this as a VU meter, but I don't know how to write those.
can you add a button to start playing the pattern in the app and a LED brightness controller?

-Thanks

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
TiagoTiago: You mean like some sort of pulse width modulation?
MohammadAG: You didn't mean that this could be controlled with PWM like TiagoTiago suggested?

However, if we control the brightness then we can really have some nice effects indeed. For instance, in darkness the keyboard lights up, and after some idle time it gets switched off to save power.

When switching off it could flash quickly and then fade in the same scheme as the text does in the intro to the first Terminator movie, if you know what I mean.
I'm wondering if that default behaviour to "just switch off" can be overridden somehow?

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-11-10 at 14:07.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
If i'm not mistaken, there are only 4 LEDs total there, or 4 separated LED banks, distributed horizontally; you can't light individual keys, just groups of keys; its just one row with 4 elements.

edit:i've jsut tried the program and its definitly more than 4, but not much more than that
led driver asic have 9 outputs 5,6 and 7 drive rgb led and the remaining outputs drive keyboard led so those are 6

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
we can reverse engineer led driver. the only unknown part is multiplexor of LP5523 . the rest is like rgb led

Later Edit
if a custom driver we write with more than 2 ( f..g ) engines ( wish to be at least 4 ) we also can assign 3 of them to the the RGB led and the remaining to the keys. if we have a 9 engine driver
we can lightening like a christmas tree the keyboard ( OT santa from finland is very busy and i think anything else than pr1.3 we don't get this year /OT)

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-11-10 at 17:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post: