Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Remember that extras-devel can be evil!!!!
I have ran the app with my device for long but I can't guarantee that it wont behave nasty. If you hesitate, please wait at least a version that has been more thoroughly tested.

First of all thanks to all the contributors with this. (MohammadAG, qwerty12, aspidites, and everyone who has contributed code, feature requests,...)

development thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=643856

the name of the game is portrait SMS.

This thread is dedicated for common chatter, sharing ideas etc

I am working on wiki page and try to make it so that the status can be seen at the front page easily without reading the thread through

http://wiki.maemo.org/VertSMS

Package can be found at extras-devel.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/vertsms/

and bugs + feature requests go to bugzilla
reports already added:
https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?q...rtSMS&content=
add a new report:
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=VertSMS

don't be too critical about what to report as a bug/feature request. if something doesn't work the way you want just create a bug report. after the bugreport is created, everyone who agrees can vote it.

I am not developing this to myself anymore(but this is excellent escape for my thoughts from bearings, fits, lining, tolerances, technical drawings...) : version 0.3 covers my needs about 100% but the moment you say "I am satisfied", wheels stop spinning completely. So please give me your opinions how to improve the app.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-05-21 at 09:12.

The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
aathava, alexff, anapospastos, arjunkumar87, blwthompson, BN900, Bundyo, casper27, ceevee, CepiPerez, Chrome, codeMonkey, Crugath, Dark_Angel85, datjomp, Death Scythe, djjaku, Dosenblech, Dousan, duryard, F2thaK, festivalnut, fhofer, Forphucsake, gabby131, Grant, Hannu, hardkorek, HellFlyer, hellnick, Heman1310, HtheB, ikirk, iKneaDough, jakiman, jer006, jorjino, joshv06, krk969, Laughing Man, lcuk, leetut, Lullen, magnunor, Maj3stic, mannakiosk, mece, Midget010, mikec, mivoligo, mobiledivide, moepda, MohammadAG, mornage, nashith, navsin, Netweaver, NokTokDaddy, omeriko9, PePPeN20, pillar, poka64, qwerty12, qwertyberty, Restap, rofo1000, RolePlayGame, salah99, salawat, saxen, Schturman, sjgadsby, stayloa, Stealth131, stew-b, thommy, thp, tissot, ToJa92, tranht, troff76, unclepecos, wheatbisc, x61, zdanee
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Thank you!!

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Yes a big thank you... now if only i had someone to txt.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Thanks for this great application, who needs Nokia when we have frals and ossipena. I already used this about 10 minutes ago when I was cooking and had to send a text.

[Feature Request]

Is it possible to have a mini-qwerty keyboard as an alternate input method that is still 'thumbable'. I am terrible with triple tapping and I feel the screen size is definitely big enough to support it.

Once again thank you for this great application I look forward to testing and using it.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
thanks for the app...just got it...will try it out

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
any possiblility for predictive txt?? THANKS !!!!!!!!!

d/l'ding NOW

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Thanks to all!

This is one of the reasons to stay with N900, and the best hope for its enduring future - truly independent development.

Good to see something 100% positive on Maemo.org!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
when i press in "type msg here" spot, virtual kb comes up, annoying!

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
IDK if i can make a request or not...but i will throw it out there...
1.) is there a way to hold down the back space and it delets multiple letters instead of me tapping backspace many times?
2.) is there a way to highlight a word/sentance could be used for copy/paste or just delete the highlighted part.
3.) say if you had to type the word "back" is there a arrow key to press so i dont have to wait for a second or two to type the next letter via the same key?

Thank You...really like the app. i was just wondering if the ABOVE were possible?

Dr. P!

P.S. when i type a word (i'll just give an example) say typing the letter "back" i make an error and type "ba2k" now instead of deleting both the letter K and the number 2, if i just touch after the number 2 (so i can only delete 2) it automatically goes to the end of the message and delets the last typed input!

Last edited by ppriyank; 2010-05-05 at 05:02.

downloaded it and pretty nice.few points-virtual keyboard as mentioned is annoying..kind of half expected that when i was in normal conversations and turned the phone it would then automatically swap to vertsms rather than having to open up the application seperately and when i sent a msg there is no record of it,i expected it to appear in the current conversation for that contact?
but great start,well done!!

Tags
portrait sms