Notices

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Err.. I'm not sure how your installing Mobile Maps 10 considering it's not out yet. But the repo you added is only for application updates. You need to install the app manually first by taking the files from the ZIP or whatever archive they provide and moving them into the /home/MyDocs/ directory before using the repo.
Sorry, it's not Mobile Maps 10, it's Mobile Maps 9. I know that update for application. I speak about this update, about the version 7.71.1. Why I can't install this after purchasing ?
I purchased the Benelux (Ovi Store version) for 39.99 EUR.

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-05-09 at 19:53.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Sorry, it's not Mobile Maps 10, it's Mobile Maps 9. I know that update for application. I speak about this update, about the version 7.71.1. Why I can't install this after purchasing ?
I purchased the Benelux (Ovi Store version) for 39.99 EUR.
Hi,

we are sorry to hear you have issues installing the update.

There are two different app versions available - the Ovi Store version and the online shop version. The update you refer to is for the online shop version. Unfortunately it is not possible to apply it to Ovi Store version of the app. It is technically not possible to do so.

We work on an update for the Ovi Store version. The process takes a little more time because it is not fully under our control.

We will explain app update availability more clearly on our website.

We also aim to simplify the whole download and purchase process.

Thank you for using Mobile Maps.

Sygic Support.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
Hi,

we are sorry to hear you have issues installing the update.

There are two different app versions available - the Ovi Store version and the online shop version. The update you refer to is for the online shop version. Unfortunately it is not possible to apply it to Ovi Store version of the app. It is technically not possible to do so.

We work on an update for the Ovi Store version. The process takes a little more time because it is not fully under our control.

We will explain app update availability more clearly on our website.

We also aim to simplify the whole download and purchase process.

Thank you for using Mobile Maps.

Sygic Support.

Rrrrrrrrrrrr........
Hi. Thanks for answer...
Tell me please what I can do now ? I want this update, what I should do ?
I'll have waiting for release for Ovi Store version or I can get the refund and purchase the new version (Online store version) ?

hi, i have downloaded and installed the ovi store version of this (i want to try it for 7 days before comitting) and, like the 3 reviews on that site, it doesnt show up anywhere on my phone (except in the uninstall apps menu). am i doing something wrong?

how do i launch the app???

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
ask support@sygic.com

Since I have installed only through installer from sygic website, cannot help on ovi matter here, sorry

ok, have asked sygic support.

thanks anyway!

Originally Posted by kevineaton77 View Post
hi, i have downloaded and installed the ovi store version of this (i want to try it for 7 days before comitting) and, like the 3 reviews on that site, it doesnt show up anywhere on my phone (except in the uninstall apps menu). am i doing something wrong?

how do i launch the app???
I had the same issue. In my case I had only installed the maps and not the actual navigation software (you need to install 2 things from the OVI store). Hope this helps

ahh...i will try that. thanks!

why dont they make it clear that we have to do that???

aargh!

Sygic is OK - but I have two issues with it.

Firstly the speaker volume is just tooooooo loowwwww.

Secondly the routing algorithm is crap - there's just no other way of putting it! It takes me the long way round EVEN if I select shortest route!

yeah, ive seen a lot of posts where people say the same thing. although they reckon its going to be better on v10.

i am soooo p*ssed off that i cant get turn by turn sat nav on this phone.nokia need a kick up the ***! where is ovi maps for the n900?

are there any alternatives to sygic?