Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
Actually I'm looking too for a way to resize a .png image inside the N900, anyone has an idea for a command line tool to do this?
Imagemagick is in -devel, no idea if it's optified...

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Neatly....

Change desktop contacts shortcuts size

For changing size of desktop contacts shortcuts, go to:
/usr/share/themes/YOUR_THEME/images

Find the contacts widgets frames:
ContactsAppletFrame.png and ContactsAppletFrameActive.png (backup them)

Resize them to your favorite size and overwrite the originals.
------------------------------------

You also have to resize the default and contact's avatars for it to fit in the new small frame.

The default avatars are in:
usr/share/icons/hicolor/216x216/hildon (Backup them and resize only if you use them on your desktop)

The contact's avatars are in:
/home/user/.osso-abook/photos

Probably, here you see the files without suffix, just copy them to your PC, add to them the suffix ".png", find your contact's avatars and resize them.
After this, delete the suffix ".png" and move them back to your phone (overwrite the originals).

Done !

P.S. This mod can work with any theme as long as the contact frame is resized in the themes image folder.

Thanks to biggzy for tips and to omeriko9 for idea
This doesn't work.. anyway i did not for me. I managed to resize the ContactsAppletFrames to the desired size but when i want to change the contacts images it fails.

I rename the desired contact picture to a .png then i resize it with imagemagick to 90x90. When i remove and remake the contact.. the size of the image doesn't change. Also restarting doesn't help. Even though when i look it up it is 90x90. The ContactApplet still is 144x144 or stretched to it.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-06-07 at 19:14.

Did someone actually do this successful or do we need someone like Matan to hack it? I do not know where this should be done as Matan said it was not in hildon-home. I believe that as if you kill hildon-home the contact are still visible when the other things disappear. Maybe it's in hildon-desktop. I am not aware how to find it in gconf but someone els maybe understand and could help out...

So some help would be nice

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-06-07 at 22:12.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi
I don't tried this, but you can try also change the original contact pic, from where you add them to the contacts (MyDoc/.images)

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Hi
I don't tried this, but you can try also change the original contact pic, from where you add them to the contacts (MyDoc/.images)
Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to do this a couple of hours now and that answer helped me understand i did not do anything wrong.

It would not help to do like that i'm afraid. I suspect it resizes/stretches the image thus making it futile to try. I think we need something similar to what Matan did in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...801#post703801

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-06-07 at 22:30.

I tried now all of this process, and you are right, we have a problem with the contact-pictures that we need to resize them. It's not pic from this folder (/home/user/.osso-abook/photos) We need found them...

I tried now all of this process, and you are right, we have a problem with the contact-pictures that we need to resize them. It's not pic from this folder (/home/user/.osso-abook/photos) We need found them...
Yes it is i am afraid. It is the correct place. Try to remove it and you will see. It will become a general avatar. The only way is to hack the process that handles it. Like in the post i described.

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
This is what iv come up with ..
Attachment 9186

I had to resize default avatars for it to fit in the new small frame, so adding custom avatars will be to big and wont fit in the frame.

got a link for this background mate?

edit: found it on prismic

Last edited by tobylee; 2010-06-08 at 01:32.

Have been looking more on this subject and found one more puzzle bit. It is not enough to just resize the ContactsAppletFrame.png and ContactsAppletFrameActive.png. Also ContactsAppletMask.png need to be resized.

The same problem still exists though.. the actual widget doesn't get resized just the images. It just get transparent.

I attach my screenshot. The marked read are clickable but transparent.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-06-11 at 02:23.

Yes, I know... I tried this too. We need to found how to change the image size :/

Tags
contact, desktop, modding, shortcuts