Notices

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hi again wonko... Another bug report
Seems like 12/24 hours option isn't working on the latest version. a while ago advanced clock plugin shows the time as 12:07AM while it should be 12:07PM(On any clocks)... Also whenever I change it to 24 hours mode it still show as 12:07AM where I don't think it should show AM or PM when on 24 hours mode right? :/
BTW changed my timezone...
Yes.. same issue here as well..

The Following User Says Thank You to leojab For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
probably a stupid question but I am not able to have it working properly. I have just installed version from extra-testing (0.11.1-1) but it seems that only analog and binary clocks are working.
For all others I get nothing displayed.
I tried to change the font (using Nokia Sans), I tried to change the colors. I reinstalled the plugin. I rebooted several times. I tried the different options (seconds, 12 hour mode,...)...
I am out of ideas now...
Thanks for this anyway.

EDIT: I found the problem: 'text scaling'. Increasing it from 1 to some more reasonable numbers seems to make it visible now... But maybe a bigger default value would be better?!

Last edited by P@t; 2011-01-05 at 13:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
it wont install.... so frustrating. any ideas?

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
??????????????????

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hi again wonko... Another bug report
Seems like 12/24 hours option isn't working on the latest version. a while ago advanced clock plugin shows the time as 12:07AM while it should be 12:07PM(On any clocks)... Also whenever I change it to 24 hours mode it still show as 12:07AM where I don't think it should show AM or PM when on 24 hours mode right? :/
BTW changed my timezone...
Should be fixed in 0.11.2.
Could you please try if this solves your issue.

@ddiscodave
Please be patient.
It is usually considered bad netiquette to bump a question that quickly.
We do understand that some problems might be unpleasant but typically we cannot answer instantly.
Usually, your question will be answered sooner or later.

With respect to your question:
Did you have an earlier version of advanced-clock-plugin installed?
If so, could you try removing it completely by running the following as root:
Code:
dpkg -r advanced-clock-plugin
dpkg -r advanced-clock-plugin-settings-ui
If this still does not solve your issue try installing it via the command line by running (as root):
Code:
apt-get install advanced-clock-plugin
and post the output here.

Edit:
@P@t:
Did you have an earlier version installed or was this the first time you installed advanced-clock-plugin?

Last edited by Wonko; 2011-01-05 at 22:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
can anybody be so kind as to point me to where i should be looking to change the alarm 'on' icon for the decimal clock?? is it an actual png?, or is it in the code ( enlarged fullstop character ) if its the latter, can i have some help locating where in the code i need to edit to change its color?

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
can anybody be so kind as to point me to where i should be looking to change the alarm 'on' icon for the decimal clock?? is it an actual png?, or is it in the code ( enlarged fullstop character ) if its the latter, can i have some help locating where in the code i need to edit to change its color?
I have 0.11.1-1 but not the latest 0.12
best you take a look in that latest code,
but to get you started -

I see the alarm is only implemented in some of the clocks,
adding the alarm is a bit more work depending on the clock type.

Anyways
Looks like it is here (in version 0.11.1-1)
in the master file - clock.py:

Code:
    def draw_alarm_indicator(self):
        self.context.set_source_rgb(1.0, 0.0, 0.0)
        self.context.arc(self.drawing_area.get_size_request()[0] - 8, 8, 7, 0, 2 * math.pi)
        self.context.fill()
adjust
self.context.set_source_rgb(1.0, 0.0, 0.0)

for your favorite color, maybe?
looks like red=1, green=0, blue=0 gives you a red dot I guess.

but to be sure, you should best download the latest
as it has possibly/probably changed by now

cheers

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
theonelaw gave a pretty nice answer, but basically, everything you see in the clock styles is drawn with "Cairo". Cairo is a vector image editing program, pretty basis, but pretty flexible.

It basically has the ability to draw defined shapes - either rectangular, or arc-based ones. So, boxes or ovals, of any size, color, and shape.

The alarm indicator is a circle - the Python code basically says "load the python-cairo interface", twiddles it's thumbs and does other stuff for a while, then says, okay, for this data, use cairo to draw X, for that data draw Y, etc. (Cairo can do text too, which is what draws the time/date/whatever.) For the alarm indicator, the code basically says "at the following location [starting from where the clock applet's space starts], using rgb values of 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, and of the following shape and size, draw me an arc-defined shape."

You can look up a cairo tutorial - combined with some basic geometry/trigonometry understanding, almost anything you can do with Cairo for a clock style is a piece of cake. It MAY be able to display an actual image though; I've been contemplating doing that for a while now, if possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
probably a stupid question but I am not able to have it working properly. I have just installed version from extra-testing (0.11.1-1) but it seems that only analog and binary clocks are working.
For all others I get nothing displayed.
I tried to change the font (using Nokia Sans), I tried to change the colors. I reinstalled the plugin. I rebooted several times. I tried the different options (seconds, 12 hour mode,...)...
I am out of ideas now...
Thanks for this anyway.

EDIT: I found the problem: 'text scaling'. Increasing it from 1 to some more reasonable numbers seems to make it visible now... But maybe a bigger default value would be better?!
I can confirm this.
Changing the text scaling to around 100 allowed the clocks to appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
The default should be 100%.
There was some problem in an older version in which the default value was not correctly read.
Hence, my question whether this was the first installation.

For testing this issue I deleted all settings and restarted the plugin to force the default values being set and the scaling was correctly set to 100%.

Edit: I promoted 0.11.2 to extras-testing as the twelve-hour mode bug is fixed there.

Last edited by Wonko; 2011-01-06 at 11:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: