Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
[*]Show the bugtracker link?[*]Show the results of the optification check script I've heard of before?[*]Show a list of dependencies so they can be checked for optification? (mostly for things like fbreader where both are from the same person).
I heard Jaffa mentioning this. I certainly think they are useful but would like help with it.
The script is posted here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=433336#post43336

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Now THIS is an outstanding idea. I've always thought there needed to be an easier way to vote for apps than using the web interface.

The "I take patches" is kinda funny too .. how would you like them? .patch files from diff?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Yeah, I'm planning to have a look at, hopefully on Saturday:
  • showing the bug tracker link in the UI, so the user can decide if it's sensible. The button should be disabled if there's none.
  • showing whether the package installs anything to /opt, or any of the directories touched by Python's bind mounting. The button should be enabled either way, since this is very much a heuristic.

I'd spotted the UTF-8 issue. I hate character encoding issues - they follow me everywhere :-(

PS. Attila's been very quick at handling merge requests and patches :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
The "I take patches" is kinda funny too .. how would you like them? .patch files from diff?
Nowthen, I'm not picky, in whatever form they come. If I *can* choose, I prefer merge requests on gitorious.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
[*]showing the bug tracker link in the UI, so the user can decide if it's sensible. The button should be disabled if there's none.
Note that if you use the source from git you'll see that I already have the bugtracker button and functionality in there, I just didn't populate the AppItem's bugtracker attribute from REST queries as more pressing bugs were presented .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Note that if you use the source from git you'll see that I already have the bugtracker button and functionality in there, I just didn't populate the AppItem's bugtracker attribute from REST queries as more pressing bugs were presented .
Why get it via REST? It'll be in the package info which is already on the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Why get it via REST? It'll be in the package info which is already on the device.
D'oh, you're right. I wanted to get via REST because I have to do REST anyway (reading the comments, number of thumbs up/down, etc), but I'm not going to complain if you submit a patch that parses it locally Note: local parse might be iffy if you have extras-testing disabled in HAM - you will only see package data that is installed, but not for others in the QA queue.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
I use stacked windows (see screenshots ). Which dialog are you referring to ? I think there might be a race condition that can get you multiple vote windows (in which case only one will appear stacked)
Confirmed this happened to me. Always if I press the button of an app too many times before the voting windows shows up.

If I could make one feature request, though, I would say is it possible for KISSTester to automatically figure out the space taken by an app? This will be really convenient to tell if an app is optified or not, but I might be too lazy.....

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
The idea is brilliant! I'll wait a little for this app to mature and then install it.

This will finally solve the devel and extras promoting issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
The idea is brilliant! I'll wait a little for this app to mature and then install it.

This will finally solve the devel and extras promoting issues.
I dunno if it'll solve it... but it'll certainly assist a great deal in getting there.

I actually think this project, the FapMan project, and similar need to find a way to integrate with each other so that app Installing/voting/commenting/all forms of user feedback become totally seamless.

As an example, perhaps FapMan can implement that when a user removes a package, it calls KISStester who checks to see if the app they are removing is a extras-testing app in need of votes, and whether the user already rated it or not, and if not prompt the user if they wish to rate the app... etc.

A unified user engagement framework (Hrm... seem's I've seen this around MeeGo somewheres... ) would really assist in the testing process.

Just some thoughts from my POV.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Yup, you're right, I thought about this a while ago too.

I can only hope nokia listens and learns some of all this...
-how app managers have to be fast, have testing options
-how users want their headset to play/pause change tracks

And all the things that have been done here... but as I observed the evolution of symbian over the years all that Is meant to improve user experience and usability goes unnoticed...

Last edited by Bec; 2010-08-12 at 18:57.

Tags
extras qa, extras-testing, kisstester