Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by MicroChip123 View Post
http://www.cobb.uk.net/NokiaIT/index.html#gpe
you what gpe-calender
its a very good app i use it.
Except that it's about as stable as a Jell-O foundation for a skyscraper on a Californian fault line.

Here's a few hints:
  • PIMs do not crash. Ever.
  • PIMs do not lose your data. Ever.
If it does any of the above it's not a PIM, but a gadget.

or you can emulate palm and install your preferred organizer. GVM/palm emulation is really snappy and relatively stable based on my experience.

Originally Posted by piku View Post
Installing half a gig's worth of KDE just to run an organiser is a bit... extreme though.
It is extreme if you use KDE just for KOrganizer, but I split time between Maemo and KDE about 50/50, so it's quite convenient. I think that if you aren't going to use KDE for anything else, then don't bother...but likewise if you are, then it is about as good as it gets.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

GPE is not bad, and at least it syncs with Google.
Pimlico has a better UI but doesn't sync with anything (syncevolution is broken on NITs currently)
I had issues with GarnetVM just erasing my Palm.
I haven't loaded KDE because its a lot of overhead for a little productivity. I might try it is it was just the libraries ported so I could install KDE apps I want and run them through Maemo without installing the FULL KDE.

Nokia NEEDS a good PIM for the tablet.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
GPE is not bad, and at least it syncs with Google.
Yeas but you need Erminig or some other application to sync to Google.
A real pim would do it on its own. Don't get me wrong, i use GPE often but think of it as a "temporary" solution than a stand alone PIM.

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
mCalendar is very promising. Still in alpha, though. But synchronizes directly to Google Calendar.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
mCalendar is very promising. Still in alpha, though. But synchronizes directly to Google Calendar.
and, last I checked, still prone to crash and corrupt your google calendar.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Not in my case, luckily, and I have been using it daily.

I used gpe for a bit but now I use mCalendar, and I've never had issues with it crashing (gpe did occasionally) or corrupting Google Calendar. The week at a time view has never worked for me, but other than that it's ugly but it works. The home applet is a nice bonus.

i couldn't imagine using something better than gpe calendar, its incredably easy to use, doesn't take much space, and works for any operating system for the n800. you can even change it from a month outlook to a week by week and hour to hour format.