Notices

same thing here smegheadz

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Awesome! I just got this installed and working! Even made a menu icon for it. This is great!!

Got mine to work! Loved this game. However, it's so hard to control especially moving around the map. O well hopefully keyboard controls could be implemented to move around the map for easier navigation.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Well, lets hope someone will pick this project up and will make it optified and more stable for the N900

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by p047 View Post
Got mine to work! Loved this game. However, it's so hard to control especially moving around the map. O well hopefully keyboard controls could be implemented to move around the map for easier navigation.
I've never played C&C Red Alert before, but what part is hard to control on the N900?

At least on my US Keyboard configuration, the arrow keys move around the map and the touch screen allows mouse input. The game options screen button is very hard to hit because it's so small, but that's not impossible.

I have noticed that the in-game options dialog that would lead you to save your game does not respond. Strange...

The only thing I think you could be missing from playing it on the PC would be right clicking with the mouse, but I don't even know if the game has right click options.

Hacking older Maemo diablo games to work on n900 is not the way to go. It will probably just make proper ports more unlikely since the momentum is gone and people will mistakenly associate the proper version with these hacks.

Anyways, how well does it work? I made an optified version of openredalert with playability fixes, but it's way too unstable for a release. It randomly fails to start and I've managed to load a campaign mission only once, but skirmish seems solid if nobody uses tesla coils. Openredalert is a fork of freera/freecnc so I'm not too positive about freera working that much better.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by p047 View Post
if you launch the game from the terminal as shown in the tutorial on page 12 you will have keyboard navigation for the map
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:18.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Everything goes wrong after:

9) Gain Permissions:
chmod +x /home/freera/freera

10) Start game
/home/freera/freera -w 800 -h 480 -fullscreen

First of all, it says /home/freera/freera doesent exit. Can somebody help?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Repeat the instructions, and more carefully.

Either it failed here:
5) It will come up and say that it's installed successfully. If you get an error or it says failed, check your tablet for enough free space on root (df command) (needs a few MBs)

or you failed here:
6) make freera directory in /home/
mkdir /home/freera

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
install end always with "mkdir: cannot create directory /usr/share/games file exits" and "stay rootsh"?