Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Yeah, I'm hoping to get clarity on how that should be handled. Different moderators appear to have different opinions on thread management and that's not helpful to you guys for sure.
I am making a formal objection to the user on this forum with the title of SirMuttley.
It is actually against the law to call yourself a Sir without having gained a Knighthood.
A Knight title can only be granted by the Crown, and it is always for services to the British Empire.
Therefore it is offensive and immoral to the British Empire to call yourself a Sir if you indeed have not been Knighted by the Queen of England.
This IS a serious complaint and i certainly hope the Administration of Meamo.org will look into this matter.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am making a formal objection to the user on this forum with the title of SirMuttley.
It is actually against the law to call yourself a Sir without having gained a Knighthood.
A Knight title can only be granted by the Crown, and it is always for services to the British Empire.
Therefore it is offensive and immoral to the British Empire to call yourself a Sir if you indeed have not been Knighted by the Queen of England.
This IS a serious complaint and i certainly hope the Administration of Meamo.org will look into this matter.
You're like the guy who stands on the street corner shouting at buses.

Edit: also under English law it is legal to call yourself what ever you like unless it is for fraudulent purposes. Not that it will stop you ranting

Last edited by SirMuttley; 2010-05-04 at 17:07.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
With full respect to the british empire... Thats just about the funniest thing i've read on this forum.

Texrat i am currently doing a search for actual British law that states the facts behind my complaint but for now may i suggest you take a look at this ebay page which does in fact state this as breaking the law, the heading of the page is... Lord, Lady, Sir, Knight Titles being sold on eBay

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Lord-Lady-...00000008921426

I will in due course be able to supply actual law for the admin of Meamo.org to look at but in the meantime could you please give me the email address for administration.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
so maemo.org is under british law? or under every law ever even suggested in the planet?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Texrat i am currently doing a search for actual British law that states the facts behind my complaint but for now may i suggest you take a look at this ebay page which does in fact state this as breaking the law, the heading of the page is... Lord, Lady, Sir, Knight Titles being sold on eBay

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Lord-Lady-...00000008921426

I will in due course be able to supply actual law for the admin of Meamo.org to look at but in the meantime could you please give me the email address for administration.
The United States Military.... in fact most military's around the world (including I'm pretty sure, the UK military).... are likely to get in a lot of trouble then
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Now I know you're joking.

in the meantime could you please give me the email address for administration.
That goes beyond absurd.

I'm not wasting anyone's time with that lunacy... especially my own.

Look, funnay picture

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Now I know you're joking.

That goes beyond absurd.

I'm not wasting anyone's time with that lunacy... especially my own.
It is a serious complaint and as a Moderator you are duty bound to take this up.

Tags
british empire, british law, complaint, dame, forgotten pills, humor, knight, law, o.b.e., objection, sir, usernames, wtf