Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by duesselschorsch View Post
Similar to http://www.precentral.net/google-buzz-works-great-webos, you can just go to

https://m.google.com/app/buzz?force=1

with the standard N900 browser. If you have the maemo-geolocation plugin installed, you can even see Buzzes near you.

Georg
Doesn't work for me, it keeps loading forever...

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
It works fine for me so far........

You have to scroll down to see the sign in page on top of the screen.

The fonts are tiny, it is crystal clear on the N900, there is noway poor resolution would be able to see anything. OMG, they found some friends around me in Spain......

I guess it takes some minutes for it to lock the gps,...........now it locked, and i now lost all my friends in Spain . Problems, it does NOT automatically refresh page, you have to refresh page manually. It is fun though. Bottomline, it works, you just have to play with it. Thanks for the link, tissot.

1) http://www.nokian900.tv/get-the-andr...-buzz-on-n900/

2) App manager install HideUserAgent 0.3.7

3) Turn off ALL web browser on your N900

4) Setting>HideUserAgent>User Agent

Note down the original one, you need it to go back, "Maemo Browsers"

Type this as the UserAgent: (or type this on a notepad, confirm it, then paste to here)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

click OK, then Set

5) Open web browser on N900, go to buzz.google.com

6) scroll downward to get the sign on page on top of the page, now have fun

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-14 at 18:09.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
It is really fun, it does NOT work in a user intuitious way. Once you are on the google map, and located your self, you use the back arrow on the screen to go back in history to find people around you and agree to share, very interesting, I would never imagine so many 'geeks' in this neighborhood! It would be good to see what are they using, I found 20+ geeks in the neighborhood. How about you guy?

Oh yes, you can get into gmail and google talk. Neat

I am not quite sure what is the application here. For me, it just a geek thing for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
actually, they have updated it so now there is just a warning that you have an unsupported browser.
Oj, and you ddid not need the entire User agent string, entering Android 2.1 was enough for me.

Works ok.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Originally Posted by Mindflyer View Post
Strange, I tried this on the standard N900 browser and with Firefox/Fennec on the N900 and the N810, all of them work, even my location is detected (even on the N810).

With Firefox, perhaps you have to swipe down the page to un-hide the requester that asks if you allow location-sharing.

Georg

The Following User Says Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
have you downloaded geolocation plugin?
it will be loading forever without plugin.

joe

The Following User Says Thank You to joecroatia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I think you have the browser set to remember your Google password. Go to the bottom of the buzz page that is continuously reloading and sign out. Then sign back in and it seems to work fine after that.

Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post: