Notices

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
No no, you aren't in the wrong for wanting improvements... just understand that putting a charged word like "sucks" in your thread title is like waving a red flag in front of a whole herd of bulls.
hmmm... Point taken! I will change the thread title.
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to synplex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by real_per View Post
Do you have to start the same discussion up one more topic ?
For a council representative, you make a whole lot of Off Topic posts..

/And this was my last OT post in this thread.
How was that comment off topic?

And is there an Off Topic quota for council reps? Sorry, I missed that.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
How was that comment off topic?

And is there an Off Topic quota for council reps? Sorry, I missed that.
A tag along from a recent thread methinks....

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Have you tweaked your transition settings? Because I've had mine since DEC1. Mine has been reflashed a few times playing with stuff. But the transition is the same as it has always been. Roughly 2 secs.

As soon as i flip it I start counting.

I go 1 thousand One and one thousand two before it is FULLY transitioned. I start counting as soon as it is flipped. I haven't noticed much change from any of the versions of SW that has been on it or whether I had a lot of data and apps.

If it's 7 seconds, really 7 seconds, something is wrong. I have to say I'm skeptical of under a second though. Probably depends more on how you and I are doing the test.
I counted as you did and got to "5 One thousand" one time and "6 One thousand" the second.
No I didnt tweak my Transition setting. Also I have quite a few apps about 12-15 and about 20GB of free space.

I have a OT question. How do I change the thread title?

Coming from a Motorola Q, I can understand the OP's issues. It is a little less "convenient". However dealing w/the Droid kinda got me aware of the chnge in habits when moving to a touchscreen w/sliding keys.

Regarding the auto rotate, on average, it takes maybe 2 seconds. Personally, I like this feature, given that you can only have the one "phone" shortcut between the "four" desktops, and allows for "one-handed operation". As stated, I like the slight delay to prevent accidental switching.

Regarding speed dials, I also miss that, coming from my Q, but "press-n-hold" does at least work for the "1" key for voicemail...not sure if more keys can be programmed. however now that I have multiple SIP clients configured, I'll give up speed dial for the added call options.

I think if maybe a "toggle key" were integrated into the "dial pad" would be beneficial, if it allowed one to switch between numbers and letters, when searching contacts.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Have you tweaked your transition settings? Because I've had mine since DEC1. Mine has been reflashed a few times playing with stuff. But the transition is the same as it has always been. Roughly 2 secs.

As soon as i flip it I start counting.

I go 1 thousand One and one thousand two before it is FULLY transitioned. I start counting as soon as it is flipped.
No, I haven't tweaked my transition settings AFAIK. Just for you, I tested about 10 times: from flip to complete transition it is a tad more than "einundzwanzig", which is about one second, maybe a tad more.

Definitely less than 2 seconds.

Maybe some of you would prefer to set the phone app to portrait mode instead of auto. No unintentional flipping, however if you open the keyboard you still get landscape.

I don't know what the answer is for the flipping annoyance. I really thin k it is a learning curve to know how to orient it while picking it up. I don't know if there is any way to really resolve it other than locking.

I don't know what the answer is for the flipping annoyance. I really thin k it is a learning curve to know how to orient it while picking it up. I don't know if there is any way to really resolve it other than locking.
I would agree about getting use to it other then that unless there is a "speed up your transition" app.

Beside the "more popular" Rotate issue... there other problems I wrote about any tips on those anyone?

Originally Posted by synplex View Post
I would agree about getting use to it other then that unless there is a "speed up your transition" app.

Beside the "more popular" Rotate issue... there other problems I wrote about any tips on those anyone?

The transition controller app does just that.

I'm going to install that. I would just prefer that when it decides to flip, that it cuts down on the showbiz stuff! That may shave 1/2 sec or so.

Tags
nokia fanbois, thread title sucks