Active Topics

Originally Posted by msa View Post
@biggzy: wow, this looks extremely nice!

though, is there a possibility that this may come as a "standalone" app just like some other themes rather then overwriting the default one?
Yeah, I have exactly the same question.
It would be really nice to install this as an additional theme from extras

I have no plans to make it into a full theme, but if some one wants to do it then be my guest, if no one does then i will see what i can do, i modded the files directly tho and have no template of this.

P.S. thanx folks, glad you like it.

The Following User Says Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Exact View Post
Quick noobish question; if I'd like to try a different kinda loading image, how can I transfer the "indicator_update" -files, that i'm planning to use, from MyDocs to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon?

I've tried using x-term and a couple of filemanagers to move the files, but I was wondering, that is there any easy way to do this kinda things, like can you get the /usr/... -folders visible on the PC, when it's connected in mass storage mode?

Thanks a bunch!
Might I suggest you put them in /home/user/.local/share/icons rather than /usr/share/icons as this won't overwrite the originals and will survive an OTA firmware update? Also you won't need root privileges to move them there. If the command line isn't your friend, try installing CuteExplorer which has recently made it into Extras.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Might I suggest you put them in /home/user/.local/share/icons rather than /usr/share/icons as this won't overwrite the originals and will survive an OTA firmware update? Also you won't need root privileges to move them there. If the command line isn't your friend, try installing CuteExplorer which has recently made it into Extras.
I've been using CuteExplorer for a while, and I searched the path you descriped, but there isn't a folder called "icons" in /home/user/.local/share.

And when I try to move the files in /usr/share/icons and overwrite the existing ones, it just says "failed to move blablabla"..

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I really like this cell bar's which I found here http://meego.de/menueuser/downloads/...l-Level-Color/ but the colors are in my opinion a bit too "shiny" for the desktop so I fixed that and just wanted to share it here,

Download -
http://filebeam.com/416f81d0d4ae1517696ca0c57ae33cca

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
I've been using CuteExplorer for a while, and I searched the path you descriped, but there isn't a folder called "icons" in /home/user/.local/share.
In which case, create it, along with the subdirectories you need, mirroring the ones in /usr/share/icons.

And when I try to move the files in /usr/share/icons and overwrite the existing ones, it just says "failed to move blablabla"..
I'd imagine that'll be because you need root access to modify those directories. This shouldn't be a problem in /home/user

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Here is my system wide mod for all you great members here at talk.maemo.org, iv been working on it for a while and now i would like to share it with you all.

Its a mod of the default Alpha theme (system files get modded).

So heres the screenshots...

Smaller icon backgrounds, new background for the music widget and new status bar.

New contact frames and bookmark frames.

New calendar background, ovi bar and RSS widget.

New easyer to see edit buttons on desktop when in edit mode.

New system wide buttons.

Also includes a new swipe to unlock screen.

New task thumbs.

New incoming call/end buttons.

New dial pad buttons.

Also includes wallpapers.

Also has the same style qwerty but i cant get a screen of that.

To use this mod just download my zip file, extract the 3 folders and put them in usr/share/themes/alpha and overwrite the default folders/images, you may want to backup the original ones first.

Once done just reboot and enjoy

Download the files HERE (2.8mb)
Stunning work Biggzy, editing the icon background footprint is a feat in itself.

EDIT: In particular I'm lovin the calendar background/ovi bar/media player/RSS widgets and the task thumbs.

One thing, I've found if you re-size all the app manager download icons (app_install_all.png etc) to 64x64 instead of 128x128 you can see them all on one screen without needing to scroll, and as an added bonus if you're using a custom transition.ini with zoom_for_home = 0 it matches the main menu perfectly

D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2010-06-08 at 12:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Quick noobish question; if I'd like to try a different kinda loading image, how can I transfer the "indicator_update" -files, that i'm planning to use, from MyDocs to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon?

I've tried using x-term and a couple of filemanagers to move the files, but I was wondering, that is there any easy way to do this kinda things, like can you get the /usr/... -folders visible on the PC, when it's connected in mass storage mode?

Thanks a bunch!
If you're on a Windows PC you need to use WinSCP and OpenSSH to access you phones files.

http://www.nokian900applications.com...on-nokia-n900/

Once you've done that a good starting point is to copy opt/usr/share/icons and opt/usr/share/themes to your desktop, then it's just a case of looking through and seeing what you want to change

D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2010-06-08 at 08:00.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Monterrey Mexico
1.- I create a shortcut icon to call to my GF (I have free calls no longer than 5 minutes), so I make a call.sh that call her number , sleeps for 4:30 minutes (if it is still an active call) ends the call it dial again, if not it just ends the script.

2.- I like the remember me option in my social networks and forums and I don’t bother lend my phone to friends or family, what I don’t like is when they open the browser and log in with their accounts or worst to use it with my account. So I make a Fake password protected browser. Take a look to the pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mods.zip (138.5 KB, 138 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to matristain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by matristain View Post
1.- I create a shortcut icon to call to my GF (I have free calls no longer than 5 minutes), so I make a call.sh that call her number , sleeps for 4:30 minutes (if it is still an active call) ends the call it dial again, if not it just ends the script.

2.- I like the remember me option in my social networks and forums and I don’t bother lend my phone to friends or family, what I don’t like is when they open the browser and log in with their accounts or worst to use it with my account. So I make a Fake password protected browser. Take a look to the pdf.
Pretty efficient Phone Sex you got goin' on there!

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread