Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@reinob - the problem with cleven is actually created by me , as I am the maintainer of wireless-compat-power cleven depends on, and it depends on KP. Will try these days to update the dependencies.

I am a maintaner of KPS too, the another package broken because of cssu-kernel, will fix it.

DIdn't do it so far, as I was not 100% sure thumb2 will be stable (but of course, a pile of so-called gurus were telling me every now and then, on every IRC channel I asked for some help, that this is impossible to be achieved. meh ).

Now, I didn't count how many people is using this thingie, but I think the value varies between 10-15. And as there are no reports for any crashes so far, even after the last update which included X server in the list of thumb2-compiled stuff, it seems to me I can assume that 100% stable and start the work on other fronts (i.e. KP migration to KCSSU). Unfortunaltely Pali is still not active (i hope his exams to finish soon) and without him I would not make any decisions for the future of KP. But will at least try to push newer version of KPS and wireless-compat drivers with relaxed dependencies ASAP.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@freemangordon,

Thanks. Sounds good. Just two things:

(1) could the people who are actually using cssu-thumb (meaning, for "normal" tasks), confirm that things are working OK? We normally only hear from people with problems, but a positive confirmation would be nice to have.

(2) Do I understand correctly that the errata-related-patches do not cause a (significant) slowdown compared to KP50? (the should be a slowdown, but if it's like 0.1% then I suppose nobody cares).

If (2) is true, then you could just make KP51 = cssu-thumb-kernel, so that all (so to speak) people will use the same power-kernel, with the option to use cssu-thumb w/o requiring an extra kernel.

I hope Pali can also comment on that. The less kernels we have, the less problems we will have with literal dependencies.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
cssu-thumb is working perfectly for me. I don't want to be reporting that constantly just to reassure people, though. People should incorporate risk and the possible need to reflash into their normal way of thinking.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
+1 to geneven

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
still now everything works ok
the only thing is that after installation the u-boot menu desapear and when reboot with keyboard open only bootmenu shows up
any idea?
edit sow the reply in the other thread thanks @reinob
so its everything great

Last edited by guilledoc; 2012-06-25 at 10:11.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
You would need to flash u-boot again, and create kernel-cssu-bootimg entry for bootmenu.scr

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
cssu-thumb is working perfectly fine for me as well. Great job, freemangordon.

By the way, I've followed your instructions on how to set up a thumb target in Scratchbox from here and recompiled busybox-power in it. The size of the binary shrunk from 840.2K to 639.6K!

Thumb has some real potential for our devices .

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Working perfectly for me - great job

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Same here
Running flawless on my N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MastaG For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon

battery draining got lesser because of code optimization, CPU isn't that overloaded and such.

Also, cssu-thumb works just fine.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XeonDead For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life