Notices

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Uploaded an updated version (0.2.0-1) in extras-devel.

The important change which could confuse previous users is that on start up the gui shows the *current* settings the system is running with.

changelog:
* Added two new buttons (current & proposed) to set the settings in the GUI.
* Added icons for the application manager and the desktop.
* Many code changes/splits in methods.
* Added several protections when handling updates.
* Fixed in GUI some directional errors.
* Constrained the entry values to 4 digits.

I have upload it to extras-devel; have tested it for some time but be vigilant as there have been too many changes in the code. Lazy people should wait till it's in testing.

Check later the wiki for more screenshots.
Whenever I save settings (doesn't matter if I choose "Persistant" or just "Apply") and then press on "Show current" only very few options are displayed as enabled.
Bug or feature?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Unable to install: conflicting programs
Attached Images

Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I have same error...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Whenever I save settings (doesn't matter if I choose "Persistant" or just "Apply") and then press on "Show current" only very few options are displayed as enabled.
Bug or feature?
Try the following:
1. press "proposed"
2. press "Apply"
3. press "current"
4. press "proposed"

The difference in 3 and 4 should be only the enable checkboxes.
If not, then Houston we have a problem..

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I had followed up and eventually solved this for a user few pages back. The last steps where done offline.

So here is what helped in his case.

Disable all repos that come from outside maemo.
Disable the devel repo.
Code:
apt-get remove --purge swappolube
apt-get remove --purge swappolube-nogui
apt-get update
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common
apt-get install swappolube
If you don't understand the above then don't do it!

HIH

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-09-29 at 11:56. Reason: Correction of typo as James_Littler pointed out later in the thread.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Try the following:
1. press "proposed"
2. press "Apply"
3. press "current"
4. press "proposed"

The difference in 3 and 4 should be only the enable checkboxes.
If not, then Houston we have a problem..
Yeah, it works like you mention there but that is not intuitive: It looks like all the options are not enabled currently and have to be enabled again to activate the optimisation. I would delete all "Enable" buttons because there is always a value saved. You can only change the value but not disable the whole command in the system. Every other applications does it like that.

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Yeah, it works like you mention there but that is not intuitive: It looks like all the options are not enabled currently and have to be enabled again to activate the optimisation. I would delete all "Enable" buttons because there is always a value saved. You can only change the value but not disable the whole command in the system. Every other applications does it like that.
I agree with the not-so-intuitive part.
For the rest I can only say the purpose of the app is to apply or store a different config from what you have already.

So how I imagined it was to open the app see what you got, enable those you want to change, put the new settings for those only and press apply or store.

The enable buttons are there to only store a new config file for those you want changed.
I don't find your idea bad but I would like debernardis' opinion first.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Has anyone noticed any difference in battery life with these modifications enabled?

I'm asking this because while looking for somthing else i stumbled on a post where the person was suspicious swappolube was the cause of a sudden reduction in average battery life.

Uploaded an updated version (0.2.0-2) in extras-devel and will promote to testing.

changelog:
* Change of the Laptop Mode setting to string. (thanks cehteh)
* Updated description.
* Some UI changes - beautifications.

See the wiki for more screenshots.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Has anyone noticed any difference in battery life with these modifications enabled?

I'm asking this because while looking for somthing else i stumbled on a post where the person was suspicious swappolube was the cause of a sudden reduction in average battery life.
No battery life is better. 24 hours since last charge (light use several calls) I have 70% battery

The Following User Says Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning