Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jamratalayn View Post
is there any one know how to add Arabic language in Opera Mobile 11 keyboard ..?
you beat me to a thousands post...
Damn it

Originally Posted by maemouser1 View Post
Thanks a lot for your efforts. I really love Opera. MicroB just uses to much memory and I end up having to reboot often. With Opera I don't have this problem anymore. And now I don't have to fight anymore for the desktop version of websites.

One thing though, I know this is not an official release and this is your team's effort (which we ALL really appreciate), but is there any way to make the flash plugin work please? YouTube only would be more than enough (for me).

Thanks
Try this perhaps, not sure if it will work but it's worth a try
http://www.youtube.com/html5

Originally Posted by carbonjha View Post
here's some changes I noticed in new version

New improved text selection
Excellent! How did you get it to select a line? Unless it's in text-entry mode, I can only select one word at a time. Can you copy with key-commands or only with that pop-up menu?

Also, has anyone else had trouble with getting "stuck" in a textbox or certain keys not working, including backspace and Ctrl/Sym?

For general browsing, with no video etc. - well, microB is starting to show its age. The only major thing I prefer/'m used to is windows compared with tabs but that's a matter of UI prefernce than actual operations.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
drag the handles.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Try this perhaps, not sure if it will work but it's worth a try
http://www.youtube.com/html5
No it doesn't work too.

The Following User Says Thank You to maemouser1 For This Useful Post:
hi, thanks a lot for this improvement.
in the previous, the VKB opera font was small on my phone and since the update trouble gone away;

i would like to know, how to set opera to "devel-adhoc" to prevent any connection when i use evopedia (opera is my default browser)

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I facking love Opera.

I used to be a major fan of MicroB but decided to try out Opera a month or so ago and I literally haven't used MicroB since.

I love the tab system. I've had 25+ tabs open which doesn't cause a performance hit on my stock 600mhz.

The tabs open in the background too and they all open in one single browser screen so there isn't masses of windows opened in the task switcher.

Opera Link works perfectly too. You don't even notice that the bookmarks are syncing in the background whereas Firefox Sync would slow down the phone for tens of minutes while it did it's thing.

Another thing I love is how the long press context menu stays open after you take your finger / stylus off of the screen, and you don't have to keep your finger glued to the screen and scratch your way to your desired option.

Love it.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I see Fn+Enter gets you a mouse cursor (On an N900, maybe this is a known feature on the N8x0s where the d-pad is a bit more prominently used than the N900's arrow keys).

Pretty neat, though you can't select text with it that I can see (again, maybe you can on the N8x0s, since d-pad ≠ arrow keys exactly, I think?). Only problem is I have fn+enter mapped as a tab key on my N900, which I personally like more. But, well, not a big deal.

Another thing I noticed is Opera doesn't take dead keys correctly. For example, I have " mapped as a dead key - that way I can either press it twice, thus resulting in the " character, or press it then a letter to get something like ő. I have a number of other dead keys: ~ ˇ ^ ° ` ´.

I did however notice that my shift+fn+key keymappings (like shift+fn+i to get the ∞ character) work just fine in Opera. I don't remember if they always did, but I think it's great that they do.

I REALLY appreciate the desktop/mobile useragent setting. Google still tries to redirect you to a 'plain' version of GMail when you use the desktop user agent, and forcing it to go to the true full desktop version grinds Opera to a halt after a minute or two of loading (and the N900 as a whole slows down noticeably along with it). MicroB isn't exactly fast at handling full-desktop gmail, but with Javascript pausing turned off, it makes full-desktop gmail slow-but-usable. But I think giving users options is great, and thus am greatly thankful to features like from-the-settings-ui changeable user-agent and the much earlier addition of a system/Opera keyboard toggle.

The above aside, I think Opera's a good browser, and while I still prefer MicroB I know Opera makes a lot of users happier than MicroB does, so in that regard I am very greatful to the people at Opera awesome enough to keep supporting the Maemo platform.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Also, question: Is there any way to define more granular cookie settings than just cookies on/off?

I'm always unhappy with the level of cookie setting options on the N900's browsers. The closest I've gotten is on MicroB, where in about:config I set it so that it accepts cookies without asking, but only from the same server as the webpage that's trying to offer you the cookie. Keeps the advertisement cookies the **** out, I think, but I would rather be able to specify more specifically what cookies to auto-accept, which ones to prompt for, and which ones to reject, by criteria like how long the cookie is supposed to 'live' until it expires, whether the cookie's originating server's URL matches (or partially matches) the domain of the webpage you're on now, etc.

I found that I SHOULD, in theory, get close to what I want by going to opera:config and changing "Enable Cookies" to 8 (allow first-party, prompt for third-party). However, either the documentation I read is old, or the settings are different for Opera Mobile, because it was set to 14 when I went to change it (documentation I read had only 0-8) - so I was hoping one of the Opera people could say whether or not the opera:config "Enable Cookies" options are the same for normal Opera and the Maemo version?

- Edit -
I tried changing "Enable Cookies" to 8 and saving the settings, but both reopening the about:config page and restarting Opera and then reopening the page has the setting at 14 again. (Other settings change and save succesfully.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-10-15 at 19:13.

the big question for me is:

is opera mobile for maemo ever going to support html5 video (webm)?

Tags
fast browser, opera