Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I start this thread to make sure that people understand my intentions / motives and hopefully keep reading my posts.

1. every community has good members, new members, old members, bad members and just any other combination of personality traits. I may post negative but I never attack people at the personal level. I criticize a lot to further the progression of the N900 and Maemo.
2. I am not a troll. People call me idiot, childish, immature, homosexual, ill-informed and many other things. Please, think twice because you post things like that.
3. searching is not the answer. I do some due diligence before posting, but I will not spend hours googling for some answer that I may never find. Posting on forums is faster.
4. I post a lot, criticize a lot and ask a lot of questions - all in the name of selfish furthering my knowledge of these technologies. If you have a problem with it, don't bother responding to me. You may call me a leech, but I guarantee you that over time I will answer more and ask less. Plus sometimes asking questions (obvious to some) may still be invaluable to others that would have never bothered asking unortodox questions.
5. I am no saint but nor are you. I have a thick skin but if you think that you have to enter into a fight with me "to feed the troll", don't bother. I am not posting to fight anyone.

*sigh*.

It's your verbage OrangeBox. This thread could have been titled so many different things.. "My Intentions."... "An Explanation from OrangeBox".. "My personal Diatribe"... but instead you choose to make a thread that speaks to every individual that reads it.. and calls them "wrong".

Do you not see how something like that is akin to pouring gasoline all over the room and yourself... and then calling all your smoker buddies over for a poker party?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Hello troll

sigh..............

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
So a question for all of you: do trolls stick around? I may be the longest running troll here then or is troll just a fantasy synonym for d.ck, a..hole or some other pejorative name calling?

Actually... yes (to the sticking around). Though I don't think I've personally ever actually called you a "troll".. but I *am* curious as to *why* you stick around when you have so many complaints about the way you're treated. It's seriously masochistic.

And did you even read/understand what I said in my post? Presentation is as much, if not more, important than what your thread is about.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2009-12-24 at 16:37.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
this is like the boy who cried wolf, is last 5 threads have all been him trolling now he wants to convince us hes no troll lol

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
its the internet folks...people have differing opinions!!!
FCUK sake grow up..if you dont like his posts then dont read/reply to them simple as that!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
I may be the longest running troll here then...
Not even close, sorry.

All mentioned points seem fair. I haven't gone through all your posts but your latest thread was somewhat titled in a way that could understandably rile folks.

On searching for new posts - I'm well aware of forum mentality (not this one in particular) of having to search for posts. I don't go on tmo as much (though it's the only forum I frequent now) but all visits I've experienced, everyone's been really helpful.

In terms of my ideals of how "Search the forum" attitude:

When you're a newbie to a forum or new to the topic, you might not know the exact terms to search for so the search results don't appear.

If I were a long time member and know exactly what they're looking for, although I could tell a user to search for the post, since I've seen exactly what they're looking for, to save the hassle, I post the link myself. It's not about doing the "work" for someone else, but helping out. Though if told to search, I think it's nice enough that someone's bothered to reply.

Over time you could see them returning and becoming a more valued member that assists other newbies.

Tags
fun for bored posters, troll, y2k