Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hello,

when I open the standard camera application, I only get a black screen with the ui elemets, there is no live picture and nothing happens when I press the camera button. The menus within the app work fine.
The last time I have taken pictures was before the last CSSU update in middle of september.

- A better camera does not start at all
- Nokia panorama does hang at the welcome screen.

Anyone got the same problem?

Last edited by raily; 2011-11-01 at 21:05.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Have you been messing around with 720p thing?

No I have not. is there a way to start the camera from the terminal? When i type "camera-ui" nothing happens

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
The camera app shows the UI only after opening
the lens cover or the camera button is pressed.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
count me in..i have that same problem. i have installed 720p playback alone.. i haven't changed the camera files..

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
count me in..i have that same problem. i have installed 720p playback alone.. i haven't changed the camera files..
How is the 720p package called? I don't remember that I installed anything like that.

I uninstalled "camera lens launcher" because I was curious if thats causing the problem, but still no picture. Just the black screen

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Maybe a reflash (using combined firmware) is in order before suspecting that the camera is actually broken.

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Maybe a reflash (using combined firmware) is in order before suspecting that the camera is actually broken.
This would be the last measure indeed. But it is a lot of trouble to reconfigure the device and applications as everybody knows.
I had a look into dmesg, but nothing special happened when opening the camera lens cover and closing it after camera application started:
Code:
[125792.484527] cam_shutter (GPIO 110) is now open
[125800.695404] cam_focus (GPIO 68) is now active
[125800.883789] cam_focus (GPIO 68) is now inactive
[125844.562866] cam_shutter (GPIO 110) is now closed
Is it possible that titans power kernel causes this problem? I installed it, but did not modify the default settings yet.

edit: "uname -r" returns:
Code:
2.6.28.10power42

Last edited by raily; 2011-11-03 at 09:19.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I have used that kernel power version awhile ago. I cannot recall issues with camera not working though I do recall it was also probably the around the same time I recall there was a thread discussing issues if one also installed/uninstalled fcam. Though I know the likelihood of this happening with an older power kernel is very remote, it could be a potential source also to have a look at however.

Apart from that I really don't have a clue where else could be a potential problem. I am now using pk48 on two of my devices and have no troubles whatsoever with fcam, blessn900, mirror, mbarcode, even the stock camera program works.

Ok this is a little offtopic though reflashing and reinstalling takes a long time but you should consider something like backupmenu by robbiethe1st. That program is a real life saver provided that you don't have any other programs that also uses fanoush's bootmenu.

Ok, I did deinstall the power kernel with instructions given in the wiki.maemo.org/kernel_power and now with the stock kernel, the stock camera is working normal again. I am wondering though, how it is just me having this problems with the power kernel...

edit: the post you mentioned (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=246) states, that there are problems known with power kernel < v.46. But when I installed the power kernel with the application manager in september from extras-testing, it was only offering version 2.6.28.10power42

Last edited by raily; 2011-11-06 at 12:47.