Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by serenebl View Post
I send my n9800 to nokia and the repare centre wil not fix the problem my connector is out of my n900. The n900 is not repareble so nokia said. What can i do. He was only 3 weeks old when it happends.
Joop from holland
It sounds like this repair center is unaware of recent communications from corporate. Go back to them and inform them that Nokia Corporate has agreed to fix these under warranty at no cost to owners. Read the last few pages of this thread for examples that you can cite.

Be persistent!

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
1) I never said all bugs were fixed. Please read more carefully.

2) The kneejerk remark was directed at a specific user for a specific reason. Neither you nor anyone else was implied.

You are pulling in way too many things around what I say, whereas I am being very, very specific.
You're misinterpreting my statement for your own use here. Read this again.

"1) Your all the bugs that were fixed comment, when it's obvious to most everybody else that fixed in Maemo 6 is BS"

Notice the use of the word that. I didn't say you said all the bugs were fixed. Makes a big difference in what I was saying. I'm saying the bugs that were fixed, were not fixed, if they are happening in the next OS that we may or may not get.

And I am certain Nokia knows whether the N900 is getting Maemo6/Meego1/Hammaten or whatever it's called today.

If it's fixed in Meego 48, who cares if they have a N900 with Maemo 5??

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
You're misinterpreting my statement for your own use here. Read this again.

"1) Your all the bugs that were fixed comment, when it's obvious to most everybody else that fixed in Maemo 6 is BS"

Notice the use of the word that. I didn't say you said all the bugs were fixed. Makes a big difference in what I was saying. I'm saying the bugs that were fixed, were not fixed, if they are happening in the next OS that we may or may not get.

And I am certain Nokia knows whether the N900 is getting Maemo6/Meego1/Hammaten or whatever it's called today.

If it's fixed in Meego 48, who cares if they have a N900 with Maemo 5??
Now you're implying I did that to twist your words. I didn't. Your syntax was a little hard to follow, but I see now I erred, sorry.

Look: I realize the micoUSB issue has caused anxiety. It sure did for me. I am just working to stay objective in order to facilitate a proper resolution for everyone. Namecalling, ranting, unsafe assumptions don't help. Sober persistence does.

As for bugs-- my reply was specific to the misguided claim that "nothing" was being done. I am not going to defend ineptitude, malfeasance, oversight or anything else counter to providing customers with proper service. However, I will respond to hyperbole with data that is made available to me. My understanding is that the ~500 bugs applied to Maemo 5; if this is in error I apologize.

But let's please throttle down the hostility. I realize that applies to my own remarks.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-03-10 at 19:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
in other news i have a N900 it wasnt my original as IMEI number is different being very carefull with usb port will let yo know how it holds up however this new device feels nice and tight and new i like it lol

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Originally Posted by Arrancamos View Post
Hi guys, I'am back from time ago.

May anyone tell me if this fix reaches NokiaUSA (Miami for example) ??

Really appreciate any information. TY
Any reply/info for this please guys...
Regards.

Originally Posted by alexreed88 View Post
I sent mine in on Wednesday. They received it on Friday, and shipped me a replacement on today. Couldn't have asked for a better result.
sigh.
I take all that back. Got a refurb today...the junk doesnt charge correctly. I am so freakin pissed. Nokia will never get another dime from me..with this trash arse build quality..first time spending full amount on a phone..guess im a fool for buying from Nokia. Never again...

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by alexreed88 View Post
sigh.
I take all that back. Got a refurb today...the junk doesnt charge correctly. I am so freakin pissed. Nokia will never get another dime from me..with this trash arse build quality..first time spending full amount on a phone..guess im a fool for buying from Nokia. Never again...
Sir, you are a Kneejerk, Knathering, Knaybob, of Knegativism!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Arrancamos View Post
Any reply/info for this please guys...
Regards.
There is no "fix" that will be making its way anywhere. This thread is about making Nokia realise that there is a problem and not telling people they must have inflicted the damage themselves.

Nokia have acknowledged the issue but spreading that to all their service centres worldwide will be an issue. So if you encounter this problem and get refused help from your local service centre use this thread as evidence that Nokia are aware of the issue and your N900 should be fixed under warantee.

Given that there seems to be little or no change to the MicroUSB sockets on those N900 that have been replaced, we can only summize that maybe this was an issue with a faulty set of motherboards with weak solder pads.

There is no recall or Nokia official information on what exactely the problem is/was as far as I am aware.

John

edit to add... This thread seems to have had a number of recent, and relevant, posts deleted. What is happening?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
got second replacement after they sent me wrong keyboard version, but this one does not charge over usb, says insifficient power and wil not connect to pc suit . my origional n900 connected and charged fine with same computer and cable.has any one else got this problem with thier replacement.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
edit to add... This thread seems to have had a number of recent, and relevant, posts deleted. What is happening?
Can someone please comment? If anything in this nature happened: well, it shouldnt!

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty