I don't know if it is a bug or not but since PR 1.2 update, my wifi connection don't stop when I quit an Internet using app. I would like to get back the PR 1.1 wifi behaviour which was certainly better for battery life.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, but internet connection shall not stop when you close an app! That is a Mega defect in my brain. Sorry.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Adding audio to a video doesn't work for me in the video editor.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No, but internet connection shall not stop when you close an app! That is a Mega defect in my brain. Sorry.
When "background connection" is disabled, I find it is a good thing. I don't like to see my battery be drained with useless connections. PR 1.1 had a very good wifi behaviour for me.

I have observed that XVID and DIVX files are a little choppy now. It's like they are skipping a frame or two. They used to play as smooth as butter with PR 1.1 H.264 files still play well though.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
Originally Posted by dagee04 View Post
You're right. It was always bad staying on the events screen and would usually stay for a couple of hours max but on PR1.2 it seems worse. Few minutes and it's gone. Oh well they never got it right from the start.
I remowed accuweather and installed meecast, and this seems to work like a charm so far. Accu wasnt so accurate here where i live so i hope yr.no is better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaekaelae For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Jaekaelae View Post
I remowed accuweather and installed meecast, and this seems to work like a charm so far. Accu wasnt so accurate here where i live so i hope yr.no is better.
I did this as well, and think that Meecast is miles better for accurate forecasts at least for us finns.

Also, Meecast allows for the weather icon and temperature to be displayed also on the low power mode screen. Now, if it would also have the date underneath it'd be perfect. Then you'd get weather, time and date from the LPM screen without having to unlock/swipe at all.

My N9 crashed during the update at 91% Now Facebook and Twitter Apps aren't working (Installation interrupted), I can't uninstall them and it says "unable to reinstall"...help?
Maybe I have to flash it again, but how?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, well........my white, made in finland, 64Gb device got bricked this am. Updated to PR1.2 and was doing fine for the past 24 hours, then noticed that I could not download my pdf files from my email and was getting some erratic behaviour with my emails with downloading sign on despite emails being received. This am I turned the device on and yellow warning triangle saying device not working properly, try update or go to nokia care.........................oh well....no wonder Elop went to MS

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
I did this as well, and think that Meecast is miles better for accurate forecasts at least for us finns.
Yes, but Meecast takes more time to load.