Notices

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
You mean, the state of the FM transmitter cannot be read?
Isn't it possible if it was activated within mediabox, that it
is turned on again after resuming, even if it is already on?

Originally Posted by devillived View Post
Hello guys. Im a newbie here, I just got my n800 and trying to get the full advantage of this cool tablet. I've been researching this talk section and decided to install the MediaBox (latest version) but I can't watch any youtube video on it. It keeps saying "media not found". I thought it is a common problem, but i could not find anything on it on this site. Can anyone guide me how to solve it?
Nobody can advice something to solve it?

I am unable to watch full length Youtube movies in Mediabox. Any ideas?

Youtube is adding a lot of movies to its collection and very soon we may get movie rentals. It would be awesome to have them inside Mediabox.. May be I am asking too much but one can dream, right?

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
pycage,

MB is coming along nicely. I noticed that the last 50 played playlist works now. I'm running the 11.09.2010 release.

I have a feature request. Can you make a [finger friendly] button for turning on the FM transmitter within the Now Playing screen on the N900? I've had several instances when, for instance, I get a phone call and I'm on the road, and during the phone call, the transmitter shuts off, so once I am off the phone, I start the media I'm listening to, and it plays through the speakers instead of the radio.

Right now, you have to hit the upper left panel, hit FM transmitter, and once the display comes up, hit the checkbox to turn it back on, then hit save. This is a bit much while driving...Perhaps in that dead area between the mp3 info and the progressbar?

Edit: I guess Mase beat me to the punch. This might be an alternate approach...

Thanks,
--vr

Last edited by VulcanRidr; 2010-09-17 at 16:33. Reason: Mase beat me to the punch! :)

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
is it possible to download youtube videos and play them later when i am away from wlan?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
is it possible to download youtube videos and play them later when i am away from wlan?
Yes. Tap and hold down on a video item and select "Download" from the popup menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Oh my god. I can't believe that I haven't tried/installed mediabox before now. It is slick, responsive and comprehensive. This is a great media centre. Thanks.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yes. Tap and hold down on a video item and select "Download" from the popup menu.
Awesome! thanks

Well, the appropriate backend for this is still missing on Maemo. Let's see what Instinctiv will come up with (which will be closed-source, though).
Gapless playback does not go together with MAFW (so expect more stuttering), and may be more stressing on the battery as the DSP might not be usable for decoding gapless. But I'm no expert on this, so maybe it would work well even.
I posted this over in the Instinctiv thread and thought it may be of use here, though I'm sure the implementation differences between the n900 and Sansa would be night and day:

On a gapless playback note, having been without my n900 for a few weeks while it's away for repairs, I revisited my old Sansa e280 which still does not natively support gapless playback either. However, it turns out Rockbox is now supported for it, so I loaded it up and gapless worked like a charm.

Rockbox is an open source firmware, so I thought it might serve as an example of how gapless playback could be implemented if needed (I'm sure the specific implementation details would vary for the N900, but perhaps it could serve as a high-level example?).

http://www.rockbox.org/

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Actually you don't select tracks with the star but set media bookmarks inside the track to quickly jump back to marked positions later. For bookmarking tracks or folders, I recommend to use the shelf (which actually evolved from a bookmarking feature).
re: bookmarking/loving tracks:

i understand the current mechanism, but i don't really fancy it at all. track progress bar is near-impossibly small to work with, i.e. dragging mis-placed bookmarks around on it is a real pain.

i don't see how add to shelf could work as a simple last.fm-style Love function:
* there are icons for all sorts devices there on the shelf, how would it be possible to do a "Play all" for that?
* love button needs to be similar to star, as in simple single click. it's just not feasible to do anything complicated while on the move, which where most of my mobile-music-listening happens.

re: all tracks missing on shelf:

i'm using 20100911 build. "All Tracks" doesn't have a "Add to shelf" menu item anymore because i think MediaBox believes i already added it, which i did. yet, it doesn't appear visible on the shelf.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules