Active Topics

Notices

Hi, I just made an incredible (at least for me) discover...

When I bought my first bt headset i was really disappointed about this: bluetooth headset only works with music not with fm radio...

Just some minutes ago i was searching something new in the repositories, i noticed a new (the third) fm radio app, as I am an heavy fm radio listener i installed it...

Once installed I launched it but i was listening mp3 from the media player using my bt headset (bt bh-214)... to stop the noise from the speakers (no hearphone no antenna plugged..so only noise) I plugged an hearphone (while the bt headset was still on) AND MAGIC... i can hear the fm radio from the bt headset!!!

BUT if you entirely insert the 3,5 inch jack the sound come out from the hearphone, if you insert and stop at the first black mark you can hear from the bt!!!!

Maybe it's not really usable...but it's wierd and the discover was exciting!!!!

I hope my (bad) english is intelligible...

bye
Mr.Rent

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Rent For This Useful Post:
This is actually quite handy.

So how far in should the Jack be? (Or how much of the Jack should be exposed?)

Could this simple mod be achieved with an m3 rubber O-Ring placed on the pin for effective use?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Hmm... I'm now thinking... Could one make a plastic bit that is held by the same parts the headphone would be, but make it to tolerance so that it doesn't push the bent sensor closed? And then make the appropriate contact to supply an "antenna", which could then be a little nub-type antenna sticking out the top? That would probably be pretty cheep to make, and would find a nice audience for most Nokia devices that use their headset as an antenna, N900 included.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
So how far in should the Jack be? (Or how much of the Jack should be exposed?)
mmh.. I did some test, the jack has two black rings for the stereo... you can overcome the black rings and still the bt works... but if you push until the end the sound goes through the wired hearphone.

So the first problem is, when you put the phone in the pocket, walking or cycling the jack moves and you lost the "signal"...

second problem: it's strange to plug an hearphone and going around with your phone in the pocket and another hear phone (the bt one) to listen...

so I used a jack of a broken hear phone, I cutted the wire to have just some 3-4 cm of wire....so now I just have a jack with some wire attached but this isn't ok as antenna, I mean you can hear the radio but if you put the phone in a bag or pocket the wire is not long enough to guarantee a good reception.

bye
Mr.Rent

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
What if you cut the sacrificial earphone at the phones wrap the wire around the plug and make it stay with some adesive tape or even heatshrink plastic? Perhaps you could even use the wire itself to keep the plug from going all the way in.

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
What if you cut the sacrificial earphone at the phones wrap the wire around the plug and make it stay with some adesive tape or even heatshrink plastic? Perhaps you could even use the wire itself to keep the plug from going all the way in.
at the moment i don't have other earphone to sacrifice

bye
Mr.Rent

Originally Posted by Mr.Rent View Post
Hi, I just made an incredible (at least for me) discover...

When I bought my first bt headset i was really disappointed about this: bluetooth headset only works with music not with fm radio...

Just some minutes ago i was searching something new in the repositories, i noticed a new (the third) fm radio app, as I am an heavy fm radio listener i installed it...

Once installed I launched it but i was listening mp3 from the media player using my bt headset (bt bh-214)... to stop the noise from the speakers (no hearphone no antenna plugged..so only noise) I plugged an hearphone (while the bt headset was still on) AND MAGIC... i can hear the fm radio from the bt headset!!!

BUT if you entirely insert the 3,5 inch jack the sound come out from the hearphone, if you insert and stop at the first black mark you can hear from the bt!!!!

Maybe it's not really usable...but it's wierd and the discover was exciting!!!!

I hope my (bad) english is intelligible...

bye
Mr.Rent

Hi,

Can i know the app name..and is this app compatible with android devices