Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Installing python2.7 via apt

Code:
Unpacking python2.7-minimal (from .../python2.7-minimal_2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo9_armel.deb) ...
new installation of python2.7-minimal; /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages is a directory
which is expected a symlink to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.
please find the package shipping files in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages and
file a bug report to ship these in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages instead
aborting installation of python2.7-minimal
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/python2.7-minimal_2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo9_armel.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
the offending file is a modrana egg.

Btw. MartinK: is everything ok with the mapnik package after pushing ttf-unifont?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-09-04 at 17:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
modrane started misbehaving on road like frequent crashes and crazy oreintations could only take a screenie of modrana qml
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
only thing i miss in modrana is 3d view or the kind of view that navit or sygic provides and its very convenient one more question is why modrana qml feels a bit deprived ? i actually like the qml one its nice

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
nokiabot: try disabling orientation lock and see what happens.

MartinK: a small note regarding search:
Modrana on N9: searches perfectly
Modrana gtk on N900: doesn't show the desired result
Modrana qml on N900: fails to search.
See the 20140822 logs: http://marmistrz.net63.net/public/modrana_logs/

I noticed hangs during logging a track, see the 20140817 logs (the same link)

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-09-05 at 14:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
@marmistrz dosent matter if orentation lock is on or of i found everything fine when modrana qml is fullscreen and it goes haywire when not in fullscreen

is there any way to make the mapscreen 3d like for now and what happend to the vector maps effort on modrana

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I can talk to the guy doing the server side, how hard would http://www.icecondor.com/ support be to add?
would be cool to have android compatible realtime location share.
I can add it to the TODO pile, but no guaranties when I get to it. Taking a look at the API it seems to be using Websockets - any idea how to use Websockets from the Python 2.5 on the N900 (or from Python generally)?

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Oh, right, I totally forgot about that :O Does modRana even have GUI for that? I think that Mappero (if I remember correctly) had a GUI to choose between alternative routes, but I've used it so long ago last time that I might be wrong... That would be a superb feature either way.
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Currently, no. It would be nice to have, indeed, unless it's impossible via google routing API.
That's basically the issue - IIRC I actually either get multiple routes or can tell the API to return multiple routes. But there is just no UI for selecting the between multiple results. And indeed it should be added as I think many routing services and even offline routing tools are able to return multiple routes (fastest, shortest, cheapest, etc.).

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I sincerely hope that MartinK will find some time to chase those annoying cairo-related crash bugs, too - I tried to do so, a little, but ModRana is waaaay above my level.

/Estel
Not really yet, but I have some more data about the behavior from sixwheeledbeast - looks like that i his case during track logging making the log & save intervals longer somehow avoids those crashes/freezes, which is strange.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Installing python2.7 via apt

Code:
Unpacking python2.7-minimal (from .../python2.7-minimal_2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo9_armel.deb) ...
new installation of python2.7-minimal; /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages is a directory
which is expected a symlink to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.
please find the package shipping files in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages and
file a bug report to ship these in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages instead
aborting installation of python2.7-minimal
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/python2.7-minimal_2.7.3~rc2-2.1-maemo9_armel.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
the offending file is a modrana egg.
The egg could be some modRana packaging artifact - it is definitely not needed for anything and I'll see if I can get rid of it somehow.

Btw. MartinK: is everything ok with the mapnik package after pushing ttf-unifont?
I was a bit offline on holidays (BTW, modRana track logging with default settings works just fine in glider aircraft, just the height visualization is a bit wonky for some reason), but I should be able to take a look at it in the next few days.

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
only thing i miss in modrana is 3d view or the kind of view that navit or sygic provides and its very convenient
Well, this isn't easy to do. It is basically not really doable in the current GTK/Cairo GUI, it is a bit more doable it QtQuick GUI. Will see what can be done.

one more question is why modrana qml feels a bit deprived ? i actually like the qml one its nice
The current QML GUI on the N900 is based on QtQuick 1.0 (Qt 4) and has been basically kinda depreciated in favor of the QtQuick 2.0 (Qt 5) GUI that is getting quite a lot of attention at the moment. So it is working, but not getting new features. But we now have Qt 5 on the N900, so it should be possible to just run the new feature-full QtQuick 2.0 on the N900 soon. The only thing that is missing is PyOtherSide - once that is available - preferably as a package from Extras-Devel - (wink-wink nudge-nuge ) the QtQuick 2.0 GUI should run just fine.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
nokiabot: try disabling orientation lock and see what happens.

MartinK: a small note regarding search:
Modrana on N9: searches perfectly
Modrana gtk on N900: doesn't show the desired result
Modrana qml on N900: fails to search.
See the 20140822 logs: http://marmistrz.net63.net/public/modrana_logs/
Thanks, will check them out! BTW, which kind of search you have issues with (address, Wikipedia, local search, routing, ...) ?

what happend to the vector maps effort on modrana
Still planed, but still a lot of work remains to get it done - it is quite complicated to get it done in a robust and easily usable way. Help & patches welcome!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Thanks, will check them out! BTW, which kind of search you have issues with (address, Wikipedia, local search, routing, ...) ?
IIRC address online. And in qml the only option possble.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
marmistrz, I was just looking at the location sharing provided by Icecondor, the android app is maybe two dozen lines, if I had the foggiest idea how to write a patch I would and send it to you.
http://github.com/icecondor
http://icecondor.com/dashboard/developers
apparently location sharing was supposed to be part of of the N900 OVI Maps that was cut before release

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
So good news about the Mapnik packages - I have been able to install them successfully!

(If anyone else is interested in trying them out, I made a little guide how to install them. )

Next up - testing if the installed Mapnik actually works.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps