Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
N810/2008OS MMC boot with KDE358

1) VCURLs72: Follow the links at my signiture to dl/import URLs for the TV stations into VideoCenter, or painstakingly type in the URLs, your choice.

Menu>Hildon>Hildon>Video center and enjoy! Mplayer works. It streams real well with Xvid-small channels, mostly revision3.com

2) WorldTV99: Follow my signiture to dl the playlist, 99TV4IT9d.m3u,
Menu>Hildon>Hildon>Kmplayer and open the playlist, it works.

3) Smplayer and open the playlist, 99TV4IT9d.m3u, play to watch channel, and Fastforward/fastbackward to move to next/previous channel

BTW, WorldTV99 and VCURLs72 are two different apps, and gives different TV stations, you should try both.
The playlist has a dummy entry, the channel description, so, it increases time between channel switch, sometime could be as long as a minute.

enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-07 at 06:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I load playlist, butg I cannot play? smplayer

EDIT
I got it working? I save the first time without .txt and it would not load, I redownloaded with .txt and it now works??

I tested again. the only other thing is you have to select "open file", and the select *.* from the drop down box to select the txt file...

???

Is it just me?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-06-07 at 04:43.

Smplayer, I tested it. It worked. Smplayer got a crude sliderule to allow one jumps between channel and does not give you the channel description. Kmplayer allows one go to any channel they want and read the channel description. I have NOT been able to make ossoplayer or media player to work under KDE. Smplayer does give some process info like cache % etc if one interests.

I think things go easier if you rename the .txt file into .m3u. At least it works better under gui/file manager. Anyhow, it should work even .txt, but one would have to select it everytime, while .m3u would be automatically selected.

BTW, I attached a pic of my GarnetVM running KDE theme, maybe somebody would feel good seeing it

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-07 at 06:43.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
What I am saying, is if i rename the file without the ".txt" it will not work on mine.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

So, you saying, under KDE, smplayer worked with ...m3u.txt but not with ....m3u playlist file? That is strange. I just did it, and under KDE, smplayer opened the playlist file ...m3u and I was able to watch just like under 2008OS. BTW, under 2008OS, it opens fine wether it is ....m3u.txt or .....m3u. I will try more when I am home. Yup, I have to work on Saturday morning, my life sucks.

And I am sure, a lot of people already said that, kde358 is many time better then the previous version, web page loads fast, and so do all other apps, and it is also much more stable. Thanks PB.

Just a side note, there are several occasions, that after a crash in KDE, it will mess up my bootmenu and I would not be able to boot at all. The screen frozen at the menu with two hands and the blue bar if I choose boot from flash, or the screen frozen at the bootmenu if I choose boot from MMC, or maybe I just did not wait look enough(?) I would have to remove the battery in order to reset. A couple of time, I looked into the bootmenu during failure to boot, my boot 'option' became "N/A", i.e., my boot option was marked not applicable. The N/A disappeared after I removed battery. Any thought what should I go from here? Adata SD 16 G with 2.5 G boot partition.

Since I am here, may as well go all the way.

Comments:

1) The pointer, the sword, is always blocking the menu options. How do I change it back to something smaller?

2) The 'lock up' session is right above 'log off'. Quite a few time, I hit it by mistake and I DO NOT know the password to get out of the lock up, (a beautiful analog clock showed up, thanks) and I have to resort to reboot.
a) what is the password?
b) is there a way I can either disable 'lock up' session or move it further away from 'log off'?

I am totally apologize if these have been covered before....just not in a good mood when working on a Saturday morning.

Edit: I just upload a newer version of VCURLs72, primary3.db. which is much more refine then the previous version and it also has the most requested channel, ComedyCentral (it took me a solid month to find their streaming site!), although rendering is marginally watchable. Hope you like it, and of course, it works under KDE, you bet!

bun
N810/2008/KDE358 MMC boot

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-07 at 19:34.

What is that? Am I seeing double?

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
I see.
Here is how I use the smplayer to watch WorldTV.

1) Open>Playlist... and open 99TV4IT9d.m3u.
2) Options>Playlist and click any mms://, it will play. Description of the channel is an entry above it.

The reason why .m3u does not play because the first entry is a description line, not a mms://. That is why.

Please check out my favorite MTV station, kissTV, first station under Spanish, the only station broadcast on extended stereo.

Enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-11 at 07:22.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Since I am here, may as well go all the way.

Comments:

1) The pointer, the sword, is always blocking the menu options. How do I change it back to something smaller?
Go to Control Center-> Peripherals-> Mouse-> Cursor Theme and choose from any one of the sets listed

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
2) The 'lock up' session is right above 'log off'. Quite a few time, I hit it by mistake and I DO NOT know the password to get out of the lock up, (a beautiful analog clock showed up, thanks) and I have to resort to reboot.
a) what is the password?
b) is there a way I can either disable 'lock up' session or move it further away from 'log off'?
To set the password use Xterm (or Konsole) and type:

sudo gainroot
passwd user

enter password you want
re-enter password when prompted

You can always set the password to nothing and that would make things quicker if you accidently lock the session.

As for removing the option all together... I did a quick search and it appears that it is a much requested feature and there have been a lot of votes for it but as of yet no way to completely edit KMenu and remove those things listed under "Actions"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:

Tags
kde, kde35, worldtv99