Active Topics

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@Jedibeeftrix RTFM. Sailfish avialable only on virtualbox emulator now.
lol, fair enough.

looking forward to it.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
Sources is on http://github.com/khertan/ownNotes
Khertan, using the above source code, I am trying to compile & run ownNotes on Sailfish SDK Alpha Qt5 on Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 12.04). It is built ok, but it can be deployed to Sailfish Emulator :
18:41:03: Starting: "/home/roberto/.config/SailfishAlpha/mer-sdk-tools/MerSDK/SailfishOS-i486-x86/deploy" --rsync
Fatal: No spec file found in '/home/mersdk//Programming/Sailfish/ownNotes/rpm/' and couldn't make one from a yaml
18:41:04: The process "/home/roberto/.config/SailfishAlpha/mer-sdk-tools/MerSDK/SailfishOS-i486-x86/deploy" exited with code 1.
Error while building/deploying project ownNotes (kit: MerSDK-SailfishOS-i486-x86-Run locally)
When executing step 'Rsync'
My goal is to test and understand ownNote & PyOtherSide on Sailfish to adapt my Python softwares to Sailfish & PyOtherSide.

Do you know what is missing ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2013-08-16 at 21:46.

@khertan

Trying to make ownnotes work on n9 and get exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError.

Any idea?

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
@khertan

Trying to make ownnotes work on n9 and get exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError.

Any idea?
Hi,

Sorry for the delay i wasn't notified of your answer.

When does this happen ? Are you using release 1.0.1 ?
I use it everyday without having this error, so that's probably a case i didn't have.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
Any chance to have some kind of synchronization with simplenote in one of your apps Khertan, by chance?
I would be really great since the only harmattan app that sync with simplenote doesn't do it correctly (meenote).
Thank you anyway for your work!

Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
Any chance to have some kind of synchronization with simplenote in one of your apps Khertan, by chance?
I would be really great since the only harmattan app that sync with simplenote doesn't do it correctly (meenote).
Thank you anyway for your work!
What is simplenote ? an app ? a service ?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
What is simplenote ? an app ? a service ?
It's a free service to store notes and sync them across different clients. I use it through some third-party apps since some years and I find it very efficient and lean.
On their website they say that they are relying on the Simperium libraries ( http://simplenote.com/developers/ )
On maemo there's a client that still works very well (SnXM), being able to use it also on my N9 would be fantastic.

Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
It's a free service to store notes and sync them across different clients. I use it through some third-party apps since some years and I find it very efficient and lean.
On their website they say that they are relying on the Simperium libraries ( http://simplenote.com/developers/ )
On maemo there's a client that still works very well (SnXM), being able to use it also on my N9 would be fantastic.
Hi,

Sorry, but i didn't trust such cloud service to store private data, and i ll not promote it by providing sync with their service.

Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay i wasn't notified of your answer.

When does this happen ? Are you using release 1.0.1 ?
I use it everyday without having this error, so that's probably a case i didn't have.
Well, we both have delays :P

Well, I updated to 1.0.2 and still has the error.

So here is the process to get this error on my side:
1. Put "https://www.server.tld/remote.php/webdav/" in URL
2. Enter credentials
3. Put a remote folder name (that exists server side of course)
4. Set "auto-merge" feature on
5. All other fields left blank
6. Go back to main screen
7. Tap "refresh" button

Then I get the error.

If I put say "server.tld" as URL and "/remote.php/webdav/folder" as remote folder name, I get a webdav error. Same goes with any other setup I tried. I assume it just doesn't find the webdav server.

It takes some time to display the error (opposed as directly with the webdav error). I wonder what's wrong. Maybe something with https requests ? Or Owncloud encoding(???) ?

Hi!

I (still) use ownCloud 5. I can't use any of the Notes apps correctly to get ownNotes synced. Which owncloud "Notes" app should I use (for owncloud 5)?

Is it possible to sync ownNotes to the "Journal" app?