Notices

Using echo as root, I can no longer seem to set /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/power_level. It always reads back as 113. Did Nokia change the way this driver works?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by brad112358 View Post
Using echo as root, I can no longer seem to set /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/power_level. It always reads back as 113. Did Nokia change the way this driver works?
If you upgraded to 1.3, you have to go thru the reinstall of FMTX again. Works fine after that.

When you think it's working for you, can you please open a shell and execute "cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/power_level" please? Then plug the phone in to a charger and try it again.

Thanks!

--Brad

It's 120 on and off charger

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The kernel was patched to put a lock on the file, if anything other than 0 is written to it then the file is locked till the module is reloaded.

Reverting it is easy, just get the source of PR1.2's kernel and compile the c files against the PR1.3 headers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
The kernel was patched to put a lock on the file, if anything other than 0 is written to it then the file is locked till the module is reloaded.

Reverting it is easy, just get the source of PR1.2's kernel and compile the c files against the PR1.3 headers.
I'm not sure I'm following you here.

Is there a problem that mine is 120??

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post

Can you do that for us Mohammad?
You're one of the top elite Ninja around here I can't even make a .Deb ball properly. Would be nice if you could help us packaging this.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Well...
I had a backup of original fmtxd from PR1.2, and I downloaded again unlocked fmtxd from
http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD
And there was an fmtxd of PR1.3.
Neither original fmtxd of PR1.2 nor unlocked fmtxd from
http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD
can run. When I choose frequency like 90, and click save, it says "Unable to use...".

So your words are a riddle to me.
Well you need to follow the steps on the first page
If you did not then your FMTX will not work, so you must!
Sometimes it takes a wee bit of trying to make it works once again and unlocked. So you need to follow and repeat the commandline steps.

Sorry this was not made easy for the none geeks to do. We need MohammadAG to help us make it easier

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I'm hoping Titan gets rid of that for his Power Kernel fixes. *Sigh* I get that Nokia probably doesn't want its phones usable illegally, but f'ing a, that's just bs in my opinion. Way to 'fix' stuff. (And this is like my first time being serious in disagreement with Nokia about something they did with Maemo that I can remember in a while).

If possible, it would be great to see a patching utility, that just overrides the parts of the kernel that are responsible for this.

(In the meantime, I don't even use this yet, though I intend on getting around to installing it eventually, but it's rather annoying to see Nokia actually blocking it.)

P.S. Mohammad, I love all the help you provide on this forum and everything you do, so don't take this to be hostile against you in any way, but just so you know, when you say:

People like me (and I actually try to look things up and figure them out on my own) don't see easy. We see:

"reverting it is easy, just get the [mythical code stored ... somewhere], and compile the [some sort of file type/category of file] [word implying opposition or comparison to, but which may have hidden programmer-only nuances] Pr1.3 [heade - what're those, how do you compile 'against' them?]."

But hey, it's STILL useful information. Just needs a lot of looking up. Nevertheless, it seems like it's only "easy" if you already know what you're doing.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-10-28 at 20:06. Reason: Added PS

Mohammad,
OK. It does behave as if it is locked which is why I asked. But if a non-zero write to the power control "file" locks it, how is fmtxd reducing the power level when USB is connected? Does fmtxd open the file just once and keep seeking/rewriting the power? I guess I should strace fmtxd or look in the new kernel source and find out for myself but I figured you might already know and I'm very lazy. :-)

Feel free to point me to another thread if this has been discussed elsewhere.

--Brad

The Following User Says Thank You to brad112358 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm