Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Hi,

I'm so new in here, and I'm just wondering If I want to install Faster N9 in my plain N9 Pr1.3. Do I have to install some previous version or I just go ahead for 0.9.7

And if there is Pr 1.4 in the future, do I have to uninstall Faster N9 before updating firmware

And is there any way to store my messages from N9 to my PC, since if I have to reflash my phone, I have something that I want to keep it as long as I can

Thank you all in advance for your kindness

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Dirge4november View Post
Hi,

I'm so new in here, and I'm just wondering If I want to install Faster N9 in my plain N9 Pr1.3. Do I have to install some previous version or I just go ahead for 0.9.7

And if there is Pr 1.4 in the future, do I have to uninstall Faster N9 before updating firmware

And is there any way to store my messages from N9 to my PC, since if I have to reflash my phone, I have something that I want to keep it as long as I can

Thank you all in advance for your kindness
First, welcome to the community.

You should install v0.9.7 straight away...If there is a PR1.4 in the future you might have to uninstall fastern9 if you wish to do a OTA update. However, no indications of pr1.4 being present in the short-term...

Use the latest Nokia Suite from Nokia Beta Labs to sync your messages to your PC. MMS will not be stored but all SMSes will be stored. the link in case you can't find it: www.betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Will there be any newer versions of faster N9? I really like it and it helps very much to reduce te lag.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I went into a reboot loop by installing 0.9.7 version (it was stated as working OK on PR 1.3 in previous pages). I had no version installed before, so it was a fresh install. During the reboot loop, the phone reaches the UI in which I am supposed to type my pin code, but I can't type it (no input), and it reboots after a few seconds.

Any idea? :/

[Edit] It finally booted after 4-5 reboots or so. Did FasterN9 disabled itslef automatically because of the reboots, or shall I consider it to be working now?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-07-11 at 13:08.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I'm thinking about to install it now, but I saw something like Faster N9 Transition Vx.x on other topics. Is it the same thing here or something optional ?

Thank you all in advance

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I went into a reboot loop by installing 0.9.7 version (it was stated as working OK on PR 1.3 in previous pages). I had no version installed before, so it was a fresh install. During the reboot loop, the phone reaches the UI in which I am supposed to type my pin code, but I can't type it (no inpute), and it reboots after a few seconds.

[Edit] It finally booted after 4-5 reboots or so. Did FasterN9 disabled itslef automatically because of the reboots, or shall I consider it to be working now?
Try something.. It helped me on PR 1.2..
When start to see the screen for pin code, don't wait, type Immediately your pin code and press Enter. Maybe it will restart again, but it boot up..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I went into a reboot loop by installing 0.9.7 version (it was stated as working OK on PR 1.3 in previous pages). I had no version installed before, so it was a fresh install. During the reboot loop, the phone reaches the UI in which I am supposed to type my pin code, but I can't type it (no input), and it reboots after a few seconds.

this is just fastern9 activating itself...the reboot loops are part of the process and no harm will be done...it didn't get disabled due to the reboot loops...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thank you very much. Great then, and I actually feel my N9 to be faster now.

Well, have to first say a big "thanks" to the developers for such great mods.
I found a bug in combination with PR1.3. Have to mention this bug didn't manifest in PR 1.2.
The Auto Speaker Switch and Easy Answer are 2 apps that improve greatly the user experience with the n9.
They stopped after upgrading to pr 1.3. IFound that they work fine if I remove the apps and the mod, and install only apps. They stopped working if I installed the mod after the apps.
So, I removed the apps, installed the Faster n9, and reinstalled the apps.
Now, don't know if I'm just lucky or had a great moment of inspiration, but everything works great now.

A big thanks to the developer for this great application... FasterN9 makes the N9 feel so smoother, that iīm left with one big question: Why didnīt Nokia think of this first?