Notices

Yeah I figured out the sizes in Gimp. I'm actually not totally useless with graphics I am just useless with design. Once I get a design I can manipulate it as I need.

I will mess a little tomorrow scaling the buttons up a little. Im gonna ponder the position of the time in yours. It makes use of empty space, which is good, but doesn't seem very natural being so far away from where the song information is located.

What I'll probably do is mess with a few designs in putting the song title and artist where you have the time, and the time and album down on the bottom left... or the song title and the time on the upper right with the artist and album on bottom left (this one sounds the most fluid on paper.. will see how it looks in practice.)

Thanks for your help.. you're feeding some good ideas here and I've wanted to give pyRadio a facelift for a bit now but completely incapable of doing so myself.

As for the pyRadio graphic.. yes, it looks very familiar - I just can't seem to place from where.. its a logo of something. I dunno how graphics/copyright works on those things to tell whether its far enough from the original to be an issue or not.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-29 at 17:59.

Is it okay for the app to loose credentials? I was using it last night, I just clicked on the app button and now it's asking me for my username again.
Is there something wrong or it ws expected?

The Following User Says Thank You to PathFinder@9GS For This Useful Post:
that happens repeatedly???

Its not expected, but it will happen if your network connection is flakey when then app boots up. the information is stored in ~/.config/pyradio/config if you want to look and make sure its there.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
that happens repeatedly???

Its not expected, but it will happen if your network connection is flakey when then app boots up. the information is stored in ~/.config/pyradio/config if you want to look and make sure its there.
It was the first time
If that's the case maybe the auto disconnect app disconnected me off at the moment I tried to launch the app..sth like that.
I tried again after exiting and it works okay now

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to PathFinder@9GS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
An auto/landscape/portrait config option would be helpful
I would also find this option very useful.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Does the graphic and artist/album change at all or does it just sit at the same graphic and 00:00 time?
No, it just sits at the same graphic and time, though I think I've seen the other behavior previously (don't remember if it was this version). I'll try to post more the next time it happens.

Also: I really like YoDude's revised graphics. They definitely make more sense to me.

Last edited by parejkoj; 2010-08-30 at 16:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to parejkoj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I didn't see the image before your edit. What was goofy about the transparency?
Sorry.. I didn't answer this the first time.. I had meant to .

The original problem was the background transparency of the whole image, being square, while the graphic has rounded edges caused the background color to show through the corners and a small slit along the border area. I added another black layer under it and just cut out/transparent just the area that needed to be (the triangles/thumbs).

Still haven't messed with the design.. got busy this weekend.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
I say push it to testing. This version seems to work better than the last one did on my N800 (Diablo + Community SSU).
I agree, it is in even better shape now. I especially like how the audio stream does not seem to be interrupted by turning the screen on and off anymore. The application is reasonably stable while traveling in a car (although I am in a good 3G area).

One thing that I have noticed is that, occasionally, a song will start, play for a few seconds and then will abruptly skip to the next song with no manipulation from me.

Otherwise, this is looking good!

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
One thing that I have noticed is that, occasionally, a song will start, play for a few seconds and then will abruptly skip to the next song with no manipulation from me.
Damn.. thought this was fixed... still a problem in 3.0?

-------

Interface: Thoughts? Slider for sound, not actually working yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-30 at 22:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Damn.. thought this was fixed... still a problem in 3.0?
For me, it's not too bad--maybe 1 out of every 5-10 songs.

I also notice that pyRadio does not handle transitions between wireless LAN and mobile gprs/3g very well. But, I'm not sure if much can be done about that...

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio