According to http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixlinux.en.html pairing with a sixaxis wouldn't be a problem as you can type any bluetooth address (ie the N900's) into the pairing process on a computer. Hopefully it will just be a case of compiling a patched hidd and the joydev module if it's not included.
This might be good for emulators on the N900. I was considering a zeemote, but a ps3 controller would be better in many respects. Are there any other decent bluetooth gamepads? (not that MSI one that splits and holds a portrait phone in the middle)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
In talking to my friend, he came up with this possible solution to getting PS3 controllers working by Bluetooth: http://brnz.org/hbr/?p=378

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
DS3 = DualShock3

The wiimote is supported, and there are drivers for the DS3 available, so is there one for the N900?

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
DS3 = DualShock3

The wiimote is supported, and there are drivers for the DS3 available, so is there one for the N900?
I'm sure someone will whip some up as more people get their N900s. PS3 controller would be way more ideal for SNES games and Genesis as well (if/when someone ports an emu).

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ BG, Ruse
I am more interested in Xbox360 controller. Is it possible to see something in future regarding this controller?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I don't know anything about newer consoles, but if they use Bluetooth for communication then it should be possible. Wiimote does. A quick google shows that Xbox360 wireless control uses 2.4GHz, which is in the range of Bluetooth. Whether it actually uses Bluetooth, i don't know.

If it's a proprietary wireless protocol then probably not. If it uses Bluetooth, it's probably only a matter of time.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ BG, Ruse
I found that :

The wireless Xbox 360 controller uses a Xbox proprietary wireless connection to connect to the Xbox. The controller does not use Bluetooth or infrared signals.
So, I guess we won't see anything about the xb360 controller. I wish I could use it for playing games.

One problem is that all PS3 controllers require a USB handshake for pairing, so until we get USB host mode or some other workaround is found, no DS3. Makes me sad since I have 3 DS3/Sixaxis controllers :/

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
One problem is that all PS3 controllers require a USB handshake for pairing, so until we get USB host mode or some other workaround is found, no DS3. Makes me sad since I have 3 DS3/Sixaxis controllers :/
yeah, forgot about "handshaking"..

but DS3 is bluetooth, and as it already works easily for computer already (all you do is plug in controller and download the driver) i'm sure you could trick DS3 to work for the N900

How did this solution go? Did he have any luck with the ps3 pad?
As above it would be awesome for hotels rooms etc while away on business. TV out, a sixaxis and the n900

Tags
bluetooth, connect, controller, fremantle, game controller, maemo, maemo 5, playstation 3, ps3