Notices

I loved Marble Madness when I was yonger and this game remind me it .

So, I would like to know if it is possible to have controls which, instead of moving ground (which give me an headache, particularly on the PC version with full screen), moves direcly the ball (like in real Mable Madness or, again in Bounce Evolution) ? Or at least, a no linear slope when you set a direction (very smooth at the inclinaison begining) ?

Last edited by OperationNT; 2011-07-25 at 05:32.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
As a big fan of neverputt on pc, i say thank you very much !
It works perfectly on the n900 !!!
Thanks a lot !!!

Nice! One of my favorite Linux games of all time. Can't wait!

Why not put the N9 version to ovistore also (yes, know it is opensource and all, but you could sell it and still provide the source). This need as wide audience as possible!

So what about N9/N950 port?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ink For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Would love more great looking games like this cheers

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
They still need a bit of work regarding controls, camera and a few other things here and there, but it's still nice to have them on the N900 at all.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Will you be updating this? Cheers

Meant to load this the other day. There seems to be a back face culling problem (see attached). Is this a problem with the port (GLES != GL) or the original game, I wonder?
BTW, don't ask me to do this shot again. Sometimes luck is better than design!
Attached Images

confirming - on some levels (Neverball) with elevators, this bug is very confusing - You're not sure if you don't see elevator, cause it's under floor, or it is above and become transparent.

Also, game would benefit very much for enabling change on camera mode on-fly (there are buttons for it, but doesn't work AFAIK - now one must edit config file, which prevent from changing camera style in different situations during same level), and "reseting" position 0 (for accelerometer) as "current position" on level start (i.e., the position which You hold N900 when You start lvl, is "balanced", and tilting is calculated average to it - currently, one need to keep N900 perfectly flat, to achieve "balanced" and tilt from it. approach of "reset" on start is present in most N900 accelerometer games, and should be trivial to include for coders).

With this fixed, I think game would be perfect. Still, it's very good.

unfortunately, it seems that OP is no longer working on it, so it's free to implement such (rather trivial - binding control of camera position to "letter" keys, instead of F1/F2/F3, resetting accelerometer data on start of lvl...) fixes.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi! Just to reassure you, that I'm still working on the games. At the moment I'm busy with the N950/N9 port, though. The games are playing, but there are a couple of major issues which I didn't have with the N900: the volume cannot be changed, the transparencies are wrong (the N9 desktop is visible through them!), and generally it seems to me they play slower than on the N900. :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardy For This Useful Post: