Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Added new items to top post.

Again, I reiterate to people posting asking help like above, you're much more likely to get help with an app by finding that apps announce thread and posting your question there. Use the Power Search option to look up the thread using the app name and the word "announce". Most often that will turn up the discussion thread you're looking for.

This thread is not a generic help thread to ask questions on. If you ask questions about other things here, you probably won't get an answer (like those above...)

Added a few more things to the top post. Been a while since I'd updated this thread and finally got to it today.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
best solution to every ,common or uncommon problem is REFLASH ,
follow instructions here :http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
best solution to every ,common or uncommon problem is REFLASH ,
follow instructions here :http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher
While that may be a quick-fix or a solution that's inevitable sometimes, I really prefer to NOT suggest that as the first course of action. By simply re-flashing, you learn nothing and wind up repeating the same mistakes. Eventually you just get frustrated with having to reflash all the time and look for an "easier" gadget.

That type of "if it stops working, get a new one" attitude is what's lead to the iPhonization of the culture (especially in the US). Much better to at least try to learn what's going on than just start from scratch ever time something goes slightly awry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Hi, just got a new n900 as my old one the micro USB port broke.. Anyways went onto the application manager enabled all the repositories and downloaded Linux kernel power user... Turned my phone off, the phone vibrates and the Nokia logo appears, and just keeps looping... Screen will go blank, vibrate, Nokia sign, and so on... What can I do to fix this or will I have to flash my device?

Thanks for the useful post.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Are you doing it with the charger/USB cable plugged? If yes, try without it

Yeah I tried it both with USB in and out... In the end I re-flashed and it's back on, will start again and be more careful thanks