Notices

Originally Posted by Thorprime View Post
Not sure of the feasibility, but here is a pretty fast mockup of a simply (N900 centric I admit) GUI. Might require using QT5 rather than qt4 also, but at the very least, I can hand you some non-ascii icons :P

Looks nice, I suppose if you use QT5 thats only a good thing right? I mean may as well use the technology available to us. I have not updated my QT yet on my N900.

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Looks nice, I suppose if you use QT5 thats only a good thing right? I mean may as well use the technology available to us. I have not updated my QT yet on my N900.
I am currently writing a Qt front end for pianobar. Not because I want to steal any of fatals thunder, but because I thought it would be a nice simple project to get into Qt coding and refresh the C++ skills.

Would be happy to use any graphics you are willing to provide.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Not sure of the feasibility, but here is a pretty fast mockup of a simply (N900 centric I admit) GUI. Might require using QT5 rather than qt4 also, but at the very least, I can hand you some non-ascii icons :P
Wow.. very impressive. I'll have to look at qt5 I guess.. I didn't see development tools for it in the SDK/Devel/Testing.. so I've just been using qt4.

Where are the Maemo packages for qt5?

And I would definitely use any help you're willing to give!
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I am currently writing a Qt front end for pianobar. Not because I want to steal any of fatals thunder, but because I thought it would be a nice simple project to get into Qt coding and refresh the C++ skills.

Would be happy to use any graphics you are willing to provide.
Meh.. more applications is never a bad thing . I'm doing python, yours C++, so they'll be different. Arguably, yours will be a tad more efficient , but I'm hoping I won't have to change much for Maemo 6 either.

Ok, hopefully you don't mind . I've coded your interface, it worked fine in QT4 (mostly).

It actually looks fairly nice.. I still have a problem with accessing a "settings" dialogue (including what it should look like).. I'm thinking a menu-like system. Haven't tried that yet.

Currently, as far as layout goes, I'm having trouble getting the station list to look like yours . Using QListWidget it just wants to make a straight list of items, and doesn't let me do a gradient even though I've set it in the stylesheet. So the station listing is pretty ugly ATM. But I cut out your buttons, set the background color to black, and positioned the labels at the top like yours. I added a "liked: Yes/No" label as well to indicate whether you've set the song as liked or not previously.

Two requests from you, a "pause" graphic that shows the play button with the other one highlighted would be nice, and maybe a "highlighted" + for the "like" button, then I can remove that label for Yes/No and just highlight the Like button if it's liked already.

Currently the ZZZ button does nothing. Thanks again for the shot!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Cant wait to see a release of this in the repository for testing. It sounds like it is coming along quite nicely.

Glad to help.

I've attached the icons as png's in a zip so that they can be used a little easier.

As for the settings, Is there a way from the QT4 api to use the build in menu system? On the N900 at least this would make the dialog drop dead simple to lay out (Username/password fields and thats about it?).

I should also point out the the UI mockup I posted wasn't implemented in any code, but simply an SVG put together in inkscape. I have no idea if the gradient on the list is possible(or easy) in QT.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icons.zip (29.4 KB, 95 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thorprime For This Useful Post:
Thanks Thor.. I will replace my haphazard cuts from the Gimp with yours when I get home.

And don't worry at all about the Gradient.. I do this a lot with web design. I personally prefer it if people helping me with graphics do not worry about what I can and can't do or what is or is not possible... make me an image of something that looks nice... then it's up to me to make it work.

I may not get it 100%.. but I usually can get fairly close. That's actually why I think it's better if UI designers aren't programmers for the most part... if you think to much about what kind of code goes into a design it might hinder the end-product.

ahh i want this on n900 it's the best internet radio IMO

Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
ahh i want this on n900 it's the best internet radio IMO
Well you can use pianobar now. Just download the deb here and install it.

My PyQt4 app is nearly ready. The problem with this one is that it requires you to have python-qt4 packages installed which are non-optified and take up a good portion of the rootfs.

Bratag is also getting close with his C++ version that will not be hindered by that requirement. So you'll have this real soon .

I've applied for the ability to upload to extras-devel so I can get both these into that for people so they don't need to download deb files.