Notices

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
The one on the bottom of the products page seems decent.
I wonder how I never ran into that when I was shopping. <_<

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
i went with the platinum. Tks everybody.

bun

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
I'm in. I just ordered the Titanium. Got the questionnaire and will send it in as soon as I get my unit. I have wanted this since I got my IT. I'll report here as soon as I have it working.

BTW thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It really helped me make the decision!

Hello From HAVA,
Firstly my apologies of the long absence from the forum. We have had our nose to the grind. I am happy to announce that Beta 1 is nearing completion and Beta 2 will commence in about a week or so with the new build.

There has been very few bugs reported other then what we already know. I guess no news is good news in this case
The Beta participants will receive release notes with the new SW build and a questionnaire on the new build performance.
It is still not too late to join the beta team so get in your request to hava-n8xx@monsoonmultimedia.com if you are interested.

Also a Mobile Player for the S60 is going to be in Beta soon.....see:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...highlight=hava

I think I have rambled on long enough for now

HAVA..on!!

HAVASD

The Following User Says Thank You to HAVASD For This Useful Post:
Keep up the good work. this client is good news for the relative fortunes of Nokia and Hava(which is to say that anyone w/ a Hava unit ought to consider buying a N800/N810 if they want their cable feed on the go and vice versa).

Last edited by madman999; 2008-06-11 at 15:55.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
I concur with the comments of madman99. I have been very happy with the performance of the Hava player for Nokia considering that it is beta 1. The only problems I have encountered are those already identified by Hava. I look forward to beta 2. Right now I am on domestic travel and I have used Hava on my N800 to look at my home cable box. I do primarily use Slingplayer on my laptop to monitor security cameras at home and watch the local news but I hope to be able to just use the N800 and Hava for all of this in the future (gave up hope on Slingmedia producing an application for the Nokia tablets).

seems like Slingmedia has given up on innovation and has sat on their laurels for some time now. i think they initially "hit a homerun" with their device but have remained complacent since.....

I can only hope that Hava continues to push the envelope and give their customers what they ultimately want. there is room in this market for a "better mousetrap".

well look at it this way, Hava probably just sold a dozen or so more Hava units than they would have had they not released this client. now how about getting it to work with our N770's!

Anybody else having major audio sync issues? It's irritatingly de-synced after as little as 20 minutes and unwatchably out of sync after an hour or so.

Also getting very frequent device reboots. :\ For some reason it can manage to run fine for 8 hours if I fall asleep watching it, but can hardly manage to keep from crashing (the HAVA box itself, not the software) every 30 minutes if I'm actually watching it.

have you upgraded firmware on Hava unit to the latest?

do you get the same behavior using the N800 client and the PC Client? Local and remote? i believe you said you had your installed at your parents place.

On the Myhava forum, there are complaints from some about a reboot problem but I don;t know if it ever got resolved. the traffic on that forum is pretty dead.

I noticed that the picture/audio sync gets out of wack if my connection strays below 100 kbps and the Nokia N800 client never recovers.

I used to have alot of remote connection problems with my slingbox and Hava and believe it or not, the only thing I changed was my Internet providers cable modem(time warner/road runner to a newer model. before that, on the oldish cable modem(10 mbps/half duplex) I would top out at 300 kbps remote throughput and constant disconnections. Now I get upwards of 600-800 kbps on both my sling and hava and no disconnections. strange voodoo.....

Originally Posted by madman999 View Post
have you upgraded firmware on Hava unit to the latest?
Yes.

Originally Posted by madman999 View Post
do you get the same behavior using the N800 client and the PC Client? Local and remote? i believe you said you had your installed at your parents place.
I have no PCs.

It was better local, but it was still problematic.

Tags
hava, video hava