So I installed kernel-power-settings as directed by the wiki, but after I did so I no longer was able to scan for my wireless routers.

Taking a look at wifieye, it looked as if my N900 was only scanning on channel 6... while my router sits on channel 8.

So I deinstalled the kernel as per the wiki directions... now I can scan and see my wireless networks but when I attempt a connection, it fails and says it couldn't get an IP address.

I was connected just fine before I installed kernel-power-settings...

Any ideas?

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
So I installed kernel-power-settings as directed by the wiki, but after I did so I no longer was able to scan for my wireless routers.

Taking a look at wifieye, it looked as if my N900 was only scanning on channel 6... while my router sits on channel 8.

So I deinstalled the kernel as per the wiki directions... now I can scan and see my wireless networks but when I attempt a connection, it fails and says it couldn't get an IP address.

I was connected just fine before I installed kernel-power-settings...

Any ideas?
There are a lot of problems with power-kernel 46. which version do you use? i considering to downgrade to 42 or even overclock only with stock kernel, i.e. install power-kernel config only!

You know, I'm not quite sure what version I used, I just straight up did a "apt-get install power-kernel-settings" then hit ok when it asked me...

Then did a deinstall.

Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
You know, I'm not quite sure what version I used, I just straight up did a "apt-get install power-kernel-settings" then hit ok when it asked me...

Then did a deinstall.
open x-terminal and type

sudo gainroot

and then

uname -r

or cat /proc/version

Well I deinstalled it, so I'm back to 2.6.28-omap1

The Following User Says Thank You to tushyd For This Useful Post:
(but I'm still having the ip address problem)

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
[...]or even overclock only with stock kernel, i.e. install power-kernel config only!
I am fairly sure stock kernel doesn't overclock. Installink kernel power configurations package pulls kernel-power after it.

If I could OC with stock kernel I'd be much happier, omap is more stable.

@tushyd: if you have devel enabled, you installed 46. If you don't, 42. See here, 42 for testing and final, 46 for devel.

Which reminds me, I never had the telephony issue with 42, maybe I should slowly back away from the bleeding edge. I have funny problems with wifi too.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I haven't noticed any WiFi issues on mine, what makes it happen with some but not others?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Sometimes mine behaves oddly when leaving wifi coverage. Yesterday leaving wifi range made the Telephony go error on me (not the message, the 3G icon went no-sim-icon and then no-icon then 3G) and then recovered. Funny how that makes absolutely no sense.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Sometimes mine behaves oddly when leaving wifi coverage. Yesterday leaving wifi range made the Telephony go error on me (not the message, the 3G icon went no-sim-icon and then no-icon then 3G) and then recovered. Funny how that makes absolutely no sense.
the phone app makes the minimum freq dropping to 125 Mhz you can change this by write-protect the scaling device or look in jakis overclock wiki. Or look in my thread about tune-up.