Posts: 36 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ KL, Msia
Pingus!! The lemmings clone thats on the N900 is awesome.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I would like an application lock, mainly to prevent people from looking through my texts, and frapping me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
You agree that Nokia may increase the percentage of Net Revenue payable to You for either operator or credit card billing without having to amend this Agreement. For purchases made via operator billing, You acknowledge and agree, that payment and bad debt information received from operator billing arrangements may be based on aggregate amounts and not itemized, and that if Nokia is unable to determine the exact amount directly attributable to all Content, then Nokia may allocate and apportion such revenues or bad debt according to an equitable prorated method across Content sold through a particular operator.
It says "... Content SOLD through a particular operator." This clearly excludes free apps. In any case it is quite impossible for Nokia to claim any money from developers of free apps as no revenue money is in their hands.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-05-28 at 03:47.

I would like an app which can grab the song title and artist of the current playing song and fetch the lyric for it. Android has such an app and it's really cool.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I would like an app which can grab the song title and artist of the current playing song and fetch the lyric for it. Android has such an app and it's really cool.
tune wiki? N900 has it.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
an app to control Windows Media player on PC via Wifi!!

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
tune wiki? N900 has it.
The problem is that few Maemo5 developers want to port their apps to N9. But whenever there is a new N9 app not available on Maemo5, N900 users will be the first to ask for it. In the majority if cases they are obliged. But ask a Maemo5 developer to port his new app to N9 and only in the rarest of cases it will be obliged. This is why N9 users still don't have any MS Office editors. N900 users have got a lot from the launch of N9 but N9 users have got almost nothing but hostility from N900 developers who refuse to even port their existing apps over.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
The problem is that few Maemo5 developers want to port their apps to N9. But whenever there is a new N9 app not available on Maemo5, N900 users will be the first to ask for it. In the majority if cases they are obliged. But ask a Maemo5 developer to port his new app to N9 and only in the rarest of cases it will be obliged. This is why N9 users still don't have any MS Office editors. N900 users have got a lot from the launch of N9 but N9 users have got almost nothing but hostility from N900 developers who refuse to even port their existing apps over.
Well, maemo5 is dead, they can keep being hostile

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Los Angeles, CA
I believe this has everything to do with the fact that Nokia did not provide enough resources to entice developers to jump onto the n9 bandwagon (limited market release/ burning platform). Also, because of the larger number of n900 handsets in use compared to the n9, the incentive to backport is worthwhile.I think patience is key here. It took almost 2 years for the apps on the n900 to get really interesting

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Wrong thoughts.

The answer is simple : MeeGo Harmattan uses Qt Quick (QML) for GUI (Graphical User Interface) on top of Qt, instead of QWidgets UI used in Maemo 4 & 5. So the majority of Maemo softwares need huge UI rewriting to Qt Quick/QML.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: