Notices

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
So is it possible for that screenshot, with the gaps, to be implemented as a default UI?
the gaps between each letter is base on the font & font size that you are using on your phone....
try changing your fonts + the size of the fonts then you can see the different.....

Hey,

Loving the new update. Couple of bugs noticed are.
  1. The new word QWERTY layout doesn't change depending on the colour selected in options. It stays as the themes default.
  2. The Accent button. When clicking on it, the letters change to capital Accented letter on the button but nothing else changes. Meaning the Letters on the button are too big for the button itself :P
Now for enhancement thingies :P
  1. Could you possibly make the font a little bit smaller and maybe make it bold? Possibly give us control of that so we can choose if we want the font small/big or bold/normal?
  2. Could you please make the shift button change colour when it is in a different mode. ATM it is just confusing to know what mode you are in. On the iPhone the button is simply highlighted in white when pressed then highlighted in blue when double tapped. Is this possible?
  3. Could you please lemme know what was the problem implementing the vibration feature, maybe I can try and help

Now here is an extremely grateful Thank You for all the hard work you have put in and for making my N900 all the more amazing

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-04-21 at 20:15.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
@realsportscar
as far as the disappearance of the letters is concerned, i would like to point out that they disappear only when we are using the alfanum keypad and not the qwerty keyboard in portrait mode. I would not call this a QT bug in this case. it definitely is something else.
if it was a QT bug the behaviour would have definitely been consistent between the portrait qwerty and portrait alfa num keypad.

Okay, I seem to have sorted it.

Your VKB uses FingerButtonNormal*.png to render the keys so they are "cut up" on the keyboard, while the stock hildon VKB uses the InputMethod* images. This means if I change FingerButtonNormal, every image that requires a background for touch input changes as well.

Is it possible for you to align and change to the regular VKB images when you're compiling the plugin?

Last edited by hawaii; 2011-04-22 at 16:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
@realsportscar
as far as the disappearance of the letters is concerned, i would like to point out that they disappear only when we are using the alfanum keypad and not the qwerty keyboard in portrait mode. I would not call this a QT bug in this case. it definitely is something else.
if it was a QT bug the behaviour would have definitely been consistent between the portrait qwerty and portrait alfa num keypad.
The alphanum keyboard is the ONLY one that automatically highlights words ect. when typing a message.

This IS a Qt bug. Caused by the new version of Qt which was included in the latest CSSU update. It is really up to Qt themselves to fix this bug so hopefully there will be a workaround until then. Just have to wait and see for the next CSSU update.

This same bug occurs due to something about TextEntry with Qt 4.7.0 and hapens on other apps as well

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by djdas View Post
Hi realsportcars,
just done a little donation for your great work
Thank you for your efforts, best wishes...CIAO!
Thank you a lot for this

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I hope you follow what i meant...
ehm...not so much

And another thing: The transitions are a bit strange. Here:
1) when i turn the phone from landscape to portrait(with vkb on of course), the screen flashes, then the portrait(half-screened) vkb shows up and then the full portrait vkb shows up.
2) when going backwards, from portrait to landscape:
the screen flashes shows me the portrait screen without vkb, then shows portrait screen with the shadow, where the portrait vkb supposed to be, then finally shows the full landscape vkb.
I hope i made myself clear, but i am pretty sure you could reproduce it and see it your own.

Besides pointing these bugs out, i really want to thank You one more time!
I can suggest to try to reinstall fastsms just because this doesn't happen to me. I think also that this is based on your setting of CSSU features and libs...I can't do anything on transition effect

EDIT:
a liitle bit more. That was a great idea of doing what you have done with "123" button. I mean this "1/2" and "2/2". But what's up with "eou" button? I can push it twice too, but there is no other layout. Maybe disable the second push?
the second layout is accesible via the shift key. "eou" layout works like the shift one: only a press reset the layout after the first key, the second one, hold the layout. Hope you can understand what I mean

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Hey,

Loving the new update. Couple of bugs noticed are.
  1. The new word QWERTY layout doesn't change depending on the colour selected in options. It stays as the themes default.
  2. The Accent button. When clicking on it, the letters change to capital Accented letter on the button but nothing else changes. Meaning the Letters on the button are too big for the button itself :P
thank you for the first point! Can you post a screenshoot of the sencond one?

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post

Now for enhancement thingies :P
  1. Could you possibly make the font a little bit smaller and maybe make it bold? Possibly give us control of that so we can choose if we want the font small/big or bold/normal?
  2. Could you please make the shift button change colour when it is in a different mode. ATM it is just confusing to know what mode you are in. On the iPhone the button is simply highlighted in white when pressed then highlighted in blue when double tapped. Is this possible?
  3. Could you please lemme know what was the problem implementing the vibration feature, maybe I can try and help

Now here is an extremely grateful Thank You for all the hard work you have put in and for making my N900 all the more amazing
1-Yes, I can add this as an option
2-the icon is a BIT different based on status...perhaps the "bit" is really too small
3-problems are testing (I can't test it in simulator on pc) and manage it in an easy way in code

Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
@realsportscar
Like godofwar424 said this IS a Qt bug caused by highlights text: you can double click on a word in qwerty and notice the same problem. some post ago you can also find a message where I put the link to the bug

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Okay, I seem to have sorted it.

Your VKB uses FingerButtonNormal*.png to render the keys so they are "cut up" on the keyboard, while the stock hildon VKB uses the InputMethod* images. This means if I change FingerButtonNormal, every image that requires a background for touch input changes as well.

Is it possible for you to align and change to the regular VKB images when you're compiling the plugin?
I don't know if I can or not but sorry I really don't want this. I like the kb takes skin from theme. Consider also that I used Qt to having best portability code so, where I can, I prefer don't link with a specific platform

Donate link

Last edited by realsportcars; 2011-04-22 at 23:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
what i meant is, to have an option to easily and fast switch the language/layout. Like between latin and russian.

Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
thank you for the first point! Can you post a screenshoot of the sencond one?
Here is two screenshots. The first one is the initial view and the second one is the error I showed you. There no difference apart from the Accented letters changing to capitals but nothing actually changes in the layout :P

Hope the screenshots explain it
Attached Images

My Contributions

Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
1-Yes, I can add this as an option
2-the icon is a BIT different based on status...perhaps the "bit" is really too small
3-problems are testing (I can't test it in simulator on pc) and manage it in an easy way in code
  1. Awesome
  2. Yeah it needs to really be a different colour completely. Maybe white for the first shift and then blue for the second?
  3. I am more then happy to test if you pm me a .deb file with the vibration code and then I can help bug test it on my N900

My Contributions

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
It is the right behaviour
accented first click show the accented layout and return to standard one after your shoot
accented second click hold the layout
btw your font is a bit too much big for the button...I can remove a letters from label :P

Donate link

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid