Active Topics

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Mine and my friend's N900 both have such problem of the phone app constantly changing it's orientation during when i try to pick up the call or when hanging up. sometimes it never changes to portrait even when held vertically. it's super annoying.

i want to fully disable accelerometer-based automatic orientation switching for the phone app. i want it either fixed in landscape or portrait permanently. can this be done?.

Originally Posted by Felixme View Post
i have a similar annoying issue with the randomly rotating phone app.
i've set it to portrait only, and what happens is when i get the phone out of lock with the side switch, press the phone shortcut, the app launches in portrait, but right away it flips to landscape, regardless of the keyboard and the phone orientation, then when i press the 'keypad' button, it goes back to portrait. other applications shows there is no problems with the accelerometer either...

can post up a video of this happening if it gives a better idea.

i just want the entire phone app to stay in portrait and never be in landscape, seems this isnt working at the moment.
yup. that's exactly my findings as well: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=13

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I can report that the leaked fw (PR 1.2 alpha-bravo) has fixed this issue.
So once we get the official PR 1.2 update, this thread should no longer be valid. =)

well, it still does switch to landscape if you open up the keyboard. But at least it doesn't switch erratically.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-05-14 at 11:05.

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
well this is not a phone so it was designed to be used in landscape mode but phone appl and web browser can work in portrait mode. If u want phone with portait mode u should buy a phone not computer
for god sakes give it a rest.. it's a phone...

Originally Posted by nokix View Post
yup. that's exactly my findings as well: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=13
i have the exact problem, im not sure what is making it to behave like that, but when i use the VERTSMS app, the same applies.

anyone knows any cure to it?