Notices

EightyOne was one of my favorite games for the N800 tablet (OS2008, pre diablo), played it a bunch, but recently when I tried to start it I got the loading message but no game. I tried uninstalling and re-installing twice, no dice. Remembering that maemo extras was involved, I checked the Applications catalog and found multiple instances of extras (one for chinook extras, 3 for maemo extras), perhaps lingering from a series of abortive attempts to get videocenter and kmplayer installed and working. I deleted all of the maemo extras and reinstalled the package, rebooted the tablet - still no game. Other than the two aforementioned media apps, no real changes to the tablet recently, everything else seems OK...WTF??

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Hmm...

I just uninstalled it and re-installed it without any problems...

Try running "EightyOne" from the command line and copying the output message to here

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

I assume you mean run command from xterm - I know a bit of unix, but linux is a foreign tongue - what would the run command resemble, given that the app is in "extras" folder? I can get to the $ prompt, and also # using gainroot - after that I'm adrift...

Just type "EightyOne", case sensitive, in the xterm window...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Gotcha --

EightyOne[1865]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0

EightyOne: symbol lookup error: EightyOne: undefined symbol: _ZN3Lum4Menu13AddActionItemERKSbIwSt11char_traitsI wESaIwEEPNS_5Model6ActionEmS6_

~ $

Well, that clears things up I always suspected my tablet of being a little bit glib...

that normally happens when the software was built with a different version of a needed library (looks like GTK in this case, the GUI toolkit) than the one installed on your system. So you either need to restore your original GTK (reflashing might be the fastest way) or somehow rebuild the game against the version of the GTK you actually have.