Notices

Originally Posted by zappa View Post
Pandora changed the api I guess. Could you recompile the new pianobar lib for us please.

Annoying. Guess this just move to priority on my **** to do list. Then it'll be another 2 months to get it back to extras and then Pandora will change again .

This could get old...
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

pandora is running flawlessly on my 770 (OS2008HE)

See instructions below

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Don't say I never gave ya nothing . (N900 users do NOT follow this)

Step 1
Code:
apt-get install libmad0
Step 2
Download and install libao2 (need to use dpkg -i from command line as root)

Step 2a
Use your favorite editor to edit /etc/libao.conf and change the "default_driver=alsa" to "default_driver=esd"

Step 3
Download and Install pianobar

Step 4 stream pandora.
Code:
pianobar
Let me know if you run into problems. I won't be uploading the diablo ones to extras though.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkwatts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Missouri, USA
How can I tell if the scrobbling to last.fm is working?

I've been playing a lot of music with the command line pianobar, and I have put my last.fm user name and password in the ./config/pianobar/config file but the last.fm website does not show the tracks played in the "Recently Listened Tracks" list.

Thanks for a great application.

Originally Posted by DojwqIO View Post
How can I tell if the scrobbling to last.fm is working?

I've been playing a lot of music with the command line pianobar, and I have put my last.fm user name and password in the ./config/pianobar/config file but the last.fm website does not show the tracks played in the "Recently Listened Tracks" list.

Thanks for a great application.
This was removed from the latest pianobar's.

What is the status of your package version 2.1-0? Will you promote or reject it?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
What is the status of your package version 2.1-0? Will you promote or reject it?

Thanks.
I promoted pianobar... but it'll probably be the last new version of it.

What's unfortunate is there is no way for a maintainer to remove a package that I am no longer supporting.. so when Pandora updates their API version again.. pianobar is going to be break and be stuck there .

I have moved to (slowly) developing up pyRadio instead of maintaining the CLI + GUI Wrapper of pianobar/pyPianobar.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
I promoted pianobar... but it'll probably be the last new version of it.

What's unfortunate is there is no way for a maintainer to remove a package that I am no longer supporting.. so when Pandora updates their API version again.. pianobar is going to be break and be stuck there .

I have moved to (slowly) developing up pyRadio instead of maintaining the CLI + GUI Wrapper of pianobar/pyPianobar.
I have not searched for it, but maybe you want to create a brainstorm if it does not exist.
I saw a problem in: Many tested apps in Extras-testing are not promoted timely.
BTW: pypianobar 2.1-1 is also promotable.

I have not searched for it, but maybe you want to create a brainstorm if it does not exist.
I saw a problem in: Many tested apps in Extras-testing are not promoted timely.
BTW: pypianobar 2.1-1 is also promotable.
pyPianobar I won't be promoting. pyRadio is the future there and already has added features and a few fixes over pyPianobar.

(it also manages to have a few new bugs considering the whole backend changed.. which is why it's not yet in testing.)

Pianobar still appeals to a very specific niche of people that prefer very lightweight CLI-only apps. There's no real reason to use pyPianobar over pyRadio that I'm aware of at this point. (If there is, let me know so I can fix it in pyRadio, not pyPianobar.)

Unfortunately.. there's no way for me to "un" promote it back to devel.. same problem as above.

I thought about making a solution but it's not really a problem with "apps in testing" not being promoted.. so much as a problem with the managed of the build system as a whole. A maintainer cannot un-promote, or remove, apps that are no longer being maintained.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-04 at 18:10.

pyPianobar I won't be promoting. pyRadio is the future there and already has added features and a few fixes over pyPianobar.

(it also manages to have a few new bugs considering the whole backend changed.. which is why it's not yet in testing.)

Pianobar still appeals to a very specific niche of people that prefer very lightweight CLI-only apps. There's no real reason to use pyPianobar over pyRadio that I'm aware of at this point. (If there is, let me know so I can fix it in pyRadio, not pyPianobar.)

Unfortunately.. there's no way for me to "un" promote it back to devel.. same problem as above.

I thought about making a solution but it's not really a problem with "apps in testing" not being promoted.. so much as a problem with the managed of the build system as a whole. A maintainer cannot un-promote, or remove, apps that are no longer being maintained.
If you vote for your own package with thump down it is removed from Extras-testing and then it is removed from the list of apps to test. That would have the advantage that no tester spends time on this app.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
If you vote for your own package with thump down it is removed from Extras-testing and then it is removed from the list of apps to test. That would have the advantage that no tester spends time on this app.
I was unaware of that, thank you. I tried it and it didn't seem to work, but that's probably because promotion is already unlocked.

I would have done this long time ago if I had known that..

ETA: Think it worked.. I got an email.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-04 at 20:59.