Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by msa View Post
the back-button in the browser now doesnt open the visual last-visited-sites menu, but works just like the backspace-button.
It does, try holding it down

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guyver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
Call me stupid. But where is this "browser->options"?
For Maemo web browser, tab on the top of the browser where the site's title is and you'll see Options > Settings > Enable Rotation..

Originally Posted by Guyver
Also, HOLY SMACK it's Guyver 1!!! I used to love that anime as a kid. One of my most all-time favorites! \/

// Roth

So I just wanna get this straight; if you press ctrl + shift + R and then close the keyboard it will make any app go into portrait (and some are rather well optimized). While the app is open it will change orientation depending upon how you hold it. But if you close the app and reopen it you must use the keyboard shortcut again!??

The reason for wanting portrait was so that you could do things with one hand. I hope I'm wrong about this but if I'm not then Nokia is straight up retarted. Who the F thought it would be helpful to have portrait, for one hand use, that is only accessible with both hands? Unbelievable

Originally Posted by msa View Post
the back-button in the browser now doesnt open the visual last-visited-sites menu, but works just like the backspace-button.
It does, flick with your finger and it will

Originally Posted by Waykokid View Post
So I just wanna get this straight; if you press ctrl + shift + R and then close the keyboard it will make any app go into portrait (and some are rather well optimized). While the app is open it will change orientation depending upon how you hold it. But if you close the app and reopen it you must use the keyboard shortcut again!??

The reason for wanting portrait was so that you could do things with one hand. I hope I'm wrong about this but if I'm not then Nokia is straight up retarted. Who the F thought it would be helpful to have portrait, for one hand use, that is only accessible with both hands? Unbelievable
As someone else said this was more of an easter egg than a real feature. It's something to play with.

Ultimately, portrait mode even if it worked is mostly useless without an portrait app switcher and a portrait keyboard.

So while, yes, you can make most apps go portrait after the shortcut - as soon as you go to switch apps it reverts back for the software list. So in it's current state it's more of just something thats fun to have.. not really something all that "useful" for most activities.

I can see this might be why Nokia isn't as open as we'd like sometimes. I mean, they release a nifty trick/preview of something and instead of getting "Hey cool, Nokia is working on portrait mode!" they get "What's this? It sucks! Why would I want this?"
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by Fumanchu View Post
Yes I noticed the instant shut down, great!
Also, the night video mode... Not yet tested
night video mode is jerky and relatively unusable most of the time. you get some "special effect" like streaking though..

hi,
can somebody please confirm that opera browser doesn't work on this new version? thanks.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
hi,
can somebody please confirm that opera browser doesn't work on this new version? thanks.
0pera works as good as before 1.2.. posting this reply frm opera.. try re-installing

The Following User Says Thank You to bipinbn For This Useful Post:
Opera works. I haven't tested it extensively enough to tell you if <your favorite feature here> might be broken, but just browsing around normally it seems fine on 1.2.

I don't know if the "hold down key -> blue key press" is new to 1.2 or not, but it's brilliant and a life saver. Typing IP addresses just got 100x easier, I'm pretty thrilled about it.

Haven't tried the ctrl+shift+r thing yet. Strikes me as a "stealth" beta feature they snuck in for fun -- something they'd like to do for PR 1.3 (or Meego 1.0 or whatever the next thing is), but not something that's ready to go now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elfforkusu For This Useful Post:
Holy crap the media player widget actually works (reflashed firmware via NSU).